018 | Wake Up

Their was 2 hours left of shift when I found myself sitting outside the firehouse, I couldn't sleep and I didn't think I would be good company right now so I decided not to sit in the conmen room. Sylvie has offered to drive me to the hospital so I could be with Hailey, I don't care if she isn't awake, I'm staying until my next shift and as soon as I get off again I'll be back; even if Hailey is still not awake. I knew that if Sylvie had figured out about Hailey and I then Elle would have done too, it was kind of obvious from how I acted yesterday.

"Ambulance 61, wellness check 173 Windsor Avenue" Im the dispatchers voice came over the intercom, I got up and jumped in the passenger seat of the ambulance while I waited for Sylvie. I recognised the address from previous calls, a 18 year old girl lives their with her mother, the girl has suffered with her mental health since she was 12. Her mom works out of town alot and the girl stays home for school but her mental health can get bad, really bad infant.

"That's Lucy and her moms Laura's address" I said while Sylvie quickly climbs onto the drivers side of the ambo.

"Thought so" Sylvie points out, almost immediately she hit the gas pedal and we were off on our wellness check I was glad we had a call, I could keep myself distracted from my thoughts which at the moment were worrying and too many bad thoughts were happening, it's not good, I'm telling you that.

"I hope Lucy is okay, if I remember correctly she's just been dispatched from the psychiatric ward at Med 2 weeks ago." I recalled, I remembered that before Everything that happened we were called to do to a wellness check and Lucy tried to take her own life, she would have succeeded if her mom hadn't phoned us when she did

"I think it was 2 weeks ago she was discharged" Sylvie nodded as she agreed with me. The pair of us pulled up outside 173 Windsor Avenue and quickly I grabbed the jump bag and dashed up the steps of the house.

"Laura Winslow called for a wellness check on her daughter. We've had no response." A young police woman informed Sylvie and I, the two of us tried knocking on the door but still we did not get an answer

"This isn't good" I said worried that Lucy might have done something.

"Lucy it's Sylvie and Paige!" Sylvie shouted to see if it would get an answer but still no answer. Infact their was no sign of life in the house so I did what I had to do, I turned around and kicked the door in, being a firefighter comes in useful when being on paramedic duty's.

"The bathroom" I said to Sylvie before running up the stairs. The two police offices stayed outside. I got to the bathroom. The door was locked but I didn't want to kick the door down in case she was leant against the door.

"We can't get in, if she's in their, if she is slumped against the door or in front of the door we could hurt her" I said to Sylvie. Sylvie called for squad who came and helped us get entrance. Lucy was unconscious on the floor, she was in a pool of her own blood and her arms were cut up.

"I've got a pulse" I said immediately as I checked Lucy's pulse, it was weak but she was alive. I bandaged both of Lucy's arms while Sylvie checked everything else, soon enough we were on the road to med, after dropping Lucy off at Med we were back on the road to another call, a fire. As we arrived on the scene the fire was serious; a factory fire, I wasn't too sure what the factory was for but it still brought back memories form Otis's, he actually was teaching me Russian, I wasn't doing very well at learning it though but he tried and I did learn how to say hello, goodbye and I love you.

♡♥♡♥♡♥

After getting back to the firehouse an hour later than we should have Sylvie and I headed to change. It was 9am and our shift should have finished an hour ago but we weren't leaving the job half done, we wouldn't if we were firefighters so why would we when we are paramedics.