Chapter 35- Girls Day

Opal exclaims, "She apologized!" as she approaches me, but then becomes embarrassed. "I'm sorry."

I glance around confounded. "Who apologized?"

"Aunt Lin. She apologized for how she treated me when she first arrived in Zaofu and is attempting to repair her relationship with my mother and me."

I wrap my arms around Opal's neck, maneuvering her into an embrace. "That's fantastic. Since yesterday, she has been in good spirits. I'm glad she ended her rivalry with your mother."

Opal tucks a little strand of hair behind her ear after pulling away from the hug. "Since I'm leaving soon for the Northern Temple, I was actually wondering...if you'd like to have a sleepover in my room tonight? Asami and Korra can also come."

I smiled brightly at Opal. Ever since I've arrived in Zaofu, Suyin had been telling me about how excited Opal was to meet me.

"We'll be there." I lightly grinned. "We should make it a girls day as well...if it's okay with you?"

Opal's cheeks beamed. "O..okay cool cool. Yeah, girls day it is." She gave me a thumbs up.

From the distance, I could see Korra making her way towards Opal and I. "Hey guys. What's up? Fara, I'm about to call your dad to check on him and tell him he has a new recruit. You coming?"

My face lit up from the mention of my father. "Of course."

I turned to Opal and waved her a goodbye. "See you tonight?" She nodded her head.

I had been brought to the radio room by Korra. I and Korra were being waited on by Mako and Bolin.

Korra sat down as I sat beside her and began to radio the Northern temple.

On the other line, we heard a voice. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Avatar Korra. Is Tenzin available? His daugher and I would love to speak with him."

The air acoyale had advised us to hold and started to track down my dad in the temple.

While waiting patiently on the line, I began to make small talk with my friends. "So, Opal invited us to hang out for the day and then have a sleepover."

Bolin whipped his head in my direction. "She did?"

I laughed as I shook my head from the misunderstanding. "I should have been more clear, just Korra, Asami and I."

"So like a girl's night? Where you talk about boys and other things?" Bolin wiggled his eyebrows.

"I don't know, Bolin. Do you want to be the topic of our conversation?"

"I meannnn.."

I laughed in disbelief. "I'll let you know if she says anything about you."

Not. Everyone knows not to share any information you get on girls night.

Bolin ran over and kissed my cheek. "I love you!"

"Are you all right? Where are you?" The microphone began to speak.

Korra picked up the radio, answering my dad's immediate questions. "With Beifong's sister in Zaofu. We're totally safe, unless we get caught in another fight between Su and Lin."

"Lin willingly took you to her sister?" I couldn't blame my father for sounding confused, because he was familiar with the sisters' past.

"Not exactly. We got a call about an airbender and it turned out to be Su's daughter, Opal. She'll be headed your way soon."

"Really?" Dad says excitedly. "That's wonderful!"

Bolin shoulders Korra aside and grabs the microphone. "She is wonderful, and pretty," Korra looks at him annoyed. "and so smart, and she smells like flowers..." Bolin notices Korra's glaring. "Sorry. Bolin, out." He hands the microphone to me.