Back to School, New Friend?

It was a couple days later, and the school wanted me back, so I went back. When I arrived, there was a new student. I heard about it because every student was murmuring about him. The brown and camouflaging cicadas buzzed, and I listened to it while I walked to the school front. When I entered inside, most students went in for the cafeteria, so I did. As soon as the crowd saw me, they whispered under their breaths. Death-koda is back... why did she punch Belle? So many questions, but I didn't seem to care. Belly made her fame into a comedy show, but yeah. I grabbed my own breakfast tray and looked behind; there he was. The newbie. He seemed... tall, I guess. If he is my age, I don't know what to tell you. I froze there, and he looked at me.

He asked, "are you okay?"

"Uh- "I asked, "yes, how about you?"

He smiled, "I'm doing fine," he pleaded, "but, you should find a seat."

I nodded, "well, meet you there- "

what the heck was I saying? But I headed to find a seat anyways. I would admit that I... sort of liked him (totally in a friend way), but... that's not important right now. I sat in the end of the table and watched him grab his tray before he walked over to me. He sat in front of me and waved happily.

"Hi!' He told me happily.

I waved back, "hiiiii, what's... your name?" I chuckled, awkwardly.

"I'm Vincent, how about you?" He asked me.

"Vin- "I stuttered a bit, "Dakoda."

"Nice name," Vincent told me, "you're a cool kid, you know?"

I nodded, but I looked down, "I am doubtful about your words."

He looked at me and picked up his milk carton, "oh? I won't budge to ask. But you are, really."

I smiled, "well, thank you." I said, looking at Vincent.

He smiled back and drank his milk carton, "no problem, hey, want to be friends and hangout later?"

"Sure?" I said, tilting my head a bit and looking down to my own breakfast and picking up a spoon of cereal. "Where specifically?"

"front yard, since that's the only area people are mostly at." He told me.

I stared at Vincent, "what about the roof? Nobody ever goes there. And plus, I love it there."

He nodded, "Sure."

Even though I said I had no experiences with being social, well I... sort of do. Anyways, after when we were done with our breakfast, I headed to my first period. He seemed to follow me around, since he did not know the way. I lined up in the line and he stayed behind, I didn't notice him until I entered into the class.

I sat by the window since that was where I sat at. He came in and looked around. When he found his name, he sat there. Everyone else went to their seats. I pulled out my binder and settled it onto my desk, while I rested my backpack behind my seat. Adelpha sat behind me, but she seemed nervous. Let me tell you, I couldn't tell if she was nervous because of me being the 'bully' or because of the teacher. I looked behind and seeing Daniel putting his backpack onto his lap, and sitting up, looking at me.

He waved, "hi Dakoda!"

"Uh- "I mumbled nervously, so my cheeks went pink, "hi." I waved back.

Everyone, well, some people giggled. And a few others watched. I turned away and laid my head on the desk, in embarrassment. I'm not saying that he embarrassed me, but I felt like it was awkward, since he was my first friend. My face turned red, and I then sighed. Adelpha looked at me and she chuckled. I turned to Adelpha and she stopped chuckling.