#5 Welcome To Hell.

Kara and Killian are arriving in Hell, the town where they were born and where they have been getting into mischief during the seventeen years they currently have. They are twins, Kara was the first to arrive followed by her brother Killian. It was a long birth for Kristen, but around midnight the twins were already born. Kara came into the world about five minutes before midnight, Killian five minutes after, which meant that legally their birthdays were on different days.
"I see the welcome sign to Hell, Kara, in a few minutes we'll be at the police station with dad."
"I'm a little scared, Killian, I know dad will support us in everything, but I'm worried about how he might react, he's been really involved in his work since mom's disappearance."
To get a sense of the situation, we need to understand that Kristen was Frank's world. During the years he served in the special forces in Iraq, it was common for him to have nightmares during the seasons he spent at home, everything he had seen and been forced to do was taking its toll. Kristen was the only person in Frank's world who was able to soothe that feeling of uncontrollable anger and guilt. We can summarize it all with a phrase that Frank used to say to Kristen:
"You're my light in the darkness."
On the old stereo, a song by Poe "Haunted" is playing.

Frank and Kristen are sitting on the couch in their living room. The warmth of their home gives them the intimate moment that every couple desires after a long day. The kids are asleep.
"Frank, calm down. You're not there anymore. It's all over now. You're with me and the kids. Don't blame yourself or live in the past. We love you, darling. Your children and I need you. You're a good father, husband, and man," Kristen's voice sounds like a well-tuned melody, conveying calmness. It's one of the many things that Frank fell in love with her for. "Who's my handsome man, eh? With those big green eyes?"
"I suppose that would be me!" Frank affirms, looking into Kristen's eyes.
"That's right, honey. I love you. Everything will be alright." Kristen hugs Frank's shoulder and gives him a kiss.
As the music continues to play, they fall asleep.
With time, Frank left the army. He returned to Kristen and the twins. They moved from Detroit, where they had lived for a few years. Due to his work and rank, he spent periods of time away, even when not in campaign. Frank returned to this small town, Hell. They had inherited a house and some land from Kristen's grandmother, who was born there, the place where Frank met Kristen, almost by chance or fate, who knows. Kristen's family dates back to the beginning of the history of the town of Hell.
Little is known about Kristen's mother after she moved away from the town or who her father is. Kristen's grandmother took care of her all her life. For Kristen, her grandmother had been her mother. Kristen repaid the favor, taking care of her until the day she left this world while sleeping.
The grandmother always told Frank to take care of Kristen.
"This town hides more than what you can see at first glance. Frank, keep your eyes open and promise me that you won't let anything happen to Kristen. She is very special."All this time, Frank has been blaming himself for not being there for Kristen that night.That damn town took away the only person who brought light into his life.

#5