#1 Volumen 1. Prologue: The Awakening of Darkness.

The night that it all began.

At the end of the street, a white flickering light can be seen, cold but at the same time warm, it is currently performing the same function as a lighthouse. There, standing amidst the raging darkness that we have become enveloped in. In the moments that the white light shines, it frees me from the darkness that invades the night, an infinite black, without stars, without a moon to look at, it seems that the sun will never rise again. Although upon thinking about it, it's the best that's happened to us so far. We have to know how to enjoy the small strokes of luck, considering that less than five minutes ago I was fighting for my life, having come out "unscathed," I have a small cut on my left arm that I made with the corner of the car door that was across the bridge, while defending my sister Kara from one of those horrible things.
"Killian, I don't understand what's happening. What happened before? What was that?"
"I have no idea, Kara. If I hadn't grabbed your hand and ran, I don't know what would've happened."
"Thanks, Killi. Even though sometimes you're an imbecile, you're always there for me when I need you. Since mom died, I know I've been a bit edgy." She sighs, bringing her right hand to the back of her head and scratching her hair a bit, while tightly holding Killian's hand. "I'm not knowing how to deal with her absence, I hope you forgive me."
"Come on, there's nothing to forgive. I'm not taking it well either. I do my crazy stuff, and dad's always working all day, I imagine he's at the police station."
"We have to find him!" Kara affirms. "I don't know why the phone has no network or wifi. I can't call him. And yours?"
"I dropped it earlier while running away from that thing." He makes a face of what we needed. "Let's go towards the light, Kara. It seems that a little farther ahead there's a kind of roadside bar."
"Yeah, in case another one appears!"
With each step that Kara and Killian take, darkness accompanies them, gradually they see lights going out behind them, they continue walking in the direction of the place that can be perceived in the distance, under the light of that beacon of hope that is nothing more than the old streetlamp of Silverlight Canyon's crossing.

 #1