#7 Midnight In Hell.

Killian and Kara are in cover, behind Frank's desk. The door begins to shake, something or someone is exerting force to open it, as seen through Kara's flashlight. The way it flutters from inside to out, increasingly violently, with more intensity is chilling. The screech of the door begins to be deafening.
"Are you ready, Kara?" Killian asks firmly. They know how to use a weapon because Frank has taught them, he often tells them:
"The world is very cruel out there, you have to be prepared to defend yourselves. I hope you never find yourself in the situation of taking a life, but don't let them take yours."
"Ready, fool!" Two words that define us both. In the midst of all this turmoil, Kara smiles at him.
The door keeps shaking, stronger and stronger, until suddenly there is a loud noise. The shelf that Killian has placed goes flying and falls at the feet of the desk. The door opens wide.At first glance, Killian doesn't see anything.
"Shine the flashlight down the hallway!" Killian shouts.
"Let's go!" With her left hand, Kara holds the gun, she is left-handed. She takes the flashlight with her right hand and focuses it at the end of the hallway.
"What the hell is that, Killi?!" Kara says with a frightened voice.At the end of the hallway, there is a kind of humanoid entity enveloped in darkness. It's a disturbing image. Its presence exudes terror from every pore. Killian grips the shotgun and fires.
"Reload!"
Kara shoots immediately after hearing her brother emptying the magazine. The bullets seem to hurt it but they can't stop it.
"Reload!"
It's Killian's turn and he does the same.
"Fool, more are coming out!"Two more creatures join the previous one and continue to approach the siblings down the hallway.
"Reload!" Killian says.
"It seems that the light stops them, I'm running out of ammo!" Kara keeps shooting.
"Reload!"The three creatures are a few meters from the door and desperation begins to take hold of the Summers siblings.
Killian shoots again - "Reload!"
"Last magazine!" Kara adds as she empties the magazine into the creature that is facing them. Getting closer and closer. She blinds it with the flashlight.
At that moment, a voice shouts.
"Take cover!"
Killian and Kara recognize Frank's voice and hide behind their father's desk.
A blinding grenade explodes in the middle of the hallway, Killian sees as the room lights up and then a deafening sound is heard. Frank has released a containment grenade between the first creature and the ones accompanying it. The dark entities disappear among screams.After the grenade explodes, some lights return to normal and Frank walks down the hallway towards his children.
"If you don't get into all the messes, you're not happy!" He says this with a serious voice but with a smile. "I'm really glad we're all okay!"
Killian and Kara peek their heads out from behind the desk. They both stand up.
"Dad!" They scream in unison and run to embrace each other.
"I love you scoundrels and I'll never let anything happen to you!" While giving them the longest hug since Kristen's disappearance. "You have to tell me everything that has happened to you tonight, don't worry I won't get angry."

#7