#8 The bridge from the gate to hell.

Hell is a place where many inexplicable and terrible things have happened over the years. Behind every door, in every corner, there is a story,  but not happy stories. They are dark, mysterious, and hide many unspeakable secrets.

One such mystery centers around the Hell Bridge. According to an urban legend, if you hear children crying as you pass over the bridge, the devil will take you away forever. The legend says that the same demon who killed several children years ago still haunts the bridge today. Others say that it's the ghost of a witch burned centuries ago, seeking revenge on the land. These are just a few of the many myths, stories, and legends surrounding the county.

Many strange cases have occurred on the bridge, including the disappearance of Kristen Summers about a year ago. The latest incident involves Killian and Kara.

"I want you to tell me what happened after the motorcycle exhibition," their father says, as he gathers his tools. They're in a police station, so there are various weapons, ammunition, and accessories around. "Flashlights for everyone!"

When the Summers twins are with their father, they feel safe. His presence alone makes them feel secure. They've earned a reputation as popular kids among the youth of Hell and the surrounding areas. They excel in everything: academics, sports, and languages.

"We were supposed to meet Peter and Lisa at home at seven in the evening," Killian tells his father. "We went to see the exhibition after that."

"I took Lisa and Pete to Kara," he continues. "Lisa is a year younger than Pete, and she's Killian's girlfriend. Pete is Kara's boyfriend. I already know about their relationships with the Rivers."

"We had already told you, Dad. The important thing is what happened afterward," Kara adds.

"Mrs. Amanda River called us and said there was some problem with the lights, and we should come home soon. So Pete said he was taking Lisa home. They were worried about their mother. We waited for half an hour, and then we came back."

"Mrs. River called the town radio, and we heard it when we entered your office. We were scared. We didn't know if it was you or one of those horrible things," Kara says, worried.

"What happened afterward? Did you go back to town via the bridge?" Frank asks.

Kara and Killian look at each other and then Frank.

"Yes, Dad. We went back that way, and that's where things started to go wrong," Killian answers, eager to tell his father everything. Kara, on the other hand, is still scared and unsure about his reaction.

"There was a car parked in the middle of the bridge, and it looked like someone was lying on the ground. I told Killian to stop the bike, and we should help. So we got off."

"We approached, and as we got closer to the car, the lights started flickering - on, off, on, off. Kara was close to the person lying on the ground, and at that moment, the light went out completely for a few seconds. When it came back on, the body was gone, and we heard a child crying."

"And a girl singing a song. It sounded something like this," Kara timidly sings: "Here comes, here comes the darkness, and you can't stop it. The light was defeated." "There were also children's laughter, Dad! It's all in line with this damn town!" Killian adds.

"I felt like something was coming out from under the car, and it was going to catch Kara. So, I ran and grabbed her hand. That's when I cut myself on the corner of the door. You know we're in good shape, so we left the car, the bike, and the bridge behind. We didn't stop running until we reached the old Silverlight Canyon lamppost. You know, the one that's always in disco mode," Killian says, worried.

"I realized that Mike and Sally's diner was a mile away. We thought it was the best place to ask for help, so we walked there on the road."

"It was all very strange, Dad. There were no customers, no Mike, and no Sally," Kara adds.

"We took Tony's bike keys and a couple of helmets, and then the lights went out again, and one of those things appeared. I didn't think twice, Dad. I shot it, and we left there at full speed."

"We returned to the lamppost junction; it was still flickering, and we continued to the police station to find you," Killian concludes.

Frank has been listening to every word his children say, tying together the various clues. Something is wrong with Hell, and it relates to all these strange events - and, most importantly, Kristen's disappearance.

"Don't worry; I'm sure of one thing. We're together, and that's what matters. We have to see what's going on with the people in town," Frank says, just as the radio in his office begins to buzz.

#8