Snap Out of It

A/N: I'm changing it to first person because I feel like it will make the story a bit better, just a heads up! Thank you all for reading!!!

Dan's POV

Philip Lester is amazing. He has blue eyes, which you can drown in. He's tall, almost as tall as I am. His hair is a pretty black color. He seems to be so happy, and lively. He is nice to literally everyone, and everyone seems to love him. Quite honestly, I don't blame them. I don't understand why anyone would want to kill him.

I keep getting distracted, and staring at him. You can't do this I think to myself. I have to kill him, I can't befriend him, or grow attached to him in any way. Especially romantically. I don't know all of the rules of being a hit man, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to fall in love with your victim, and that was currently where I was heading.

"Dan," I heard Phil say. I must have zoned out again.

"Yeah," I said quickly.

"It's time to head home. Do you have somewhere to stay?" he chuckled.

"Um, no actually. I forgot to find a hotel before I came," I answered. I didn't exactly think this far ahead this morning when I was on my way.

"Do you want to stay with me? I live alone. Well, I have a fish, but that's it," he said slowly.

My face lit up. "Really? That would be great!"

Phil laughed. "We need to go back to the break room so I can get my coat, and then we can get going," he told me.

We walked back to the break room, where Phil grabbed his red jacket (which I thought looked very nice on him), and I grabbed my duffel bag. We then walked out of the studio.

"So, we can take the train if you want, but I usually walk home if it's nice out. It usually doesn't take too long," Phil said, turning to face me.

"I'm fine with walking," I responded. It was a nice day out, and I didn't want to inconvenience Phil. I bet I'm the only hit man alive who worries about disrupting his target's routine.

We started walking. It truly was a nice day out. I imagined my hand slipping into Phil's... Stop Dan, you can't do this. Either he dies, or I do, and I have too much to live for. But so does Phil.

I snapped out of it when I ran into a lamp post. "Dan? Are you okay?" Phil asked. I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I laughed. Way to go me, walking into a lamp post.

"Okay. Well, we'll be at my flat in a few minutes," Phil said.

"So, how far are you away from home?" Phil asked me a minute later.

"It took about an hour to get here," I responded. Phil nodded.

We walked for another fifteen minutes before we reached his flat. He unlocked the door, and we walked in.

"So, I don't have much food right now, but we can order Chinese or pizza or something if you want," Phil said as we walked into his kitchen.

"Chinese sounds good to me," I said to Phil. I hadn't eaten all day, I was starving.

"Okay," Phil said. "I'll go order it now,"