Chinese Food and Anime

Phil's POV

Dan and I decided to order Chinese. We then sat in my lounge, silently.

"So," I started. "I usually just watch television or something when I get home from work. Actually, I've been watching this anime recently, it's called Death Note. So, we could do that, or something else if you want."

I wasn't used to having people over. I hope Dan doesn't think I'm weird.

"Death Note?" Dan smiled. "I love Death Note!"

My face lit up. "Okay! I'll turn it on!"

I turned it on to the episode I was on, and went back to the couch. We sat there until the food arrived. I went and grabbed it, paying the delivery person, and going back to the couch.

"So, here's yours," I said, handing Dan his food. I then grabbed mine and started to eat.

Dan sat there quietly. Too quietly.

"Are you okay, Dan?" I asked. He snapped his head up, and looked me in the eye.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine," he said. He smiled, but it looked forced.

"The guest room is right next to the bathroom, whenever you want to go to bed it's ready," I told him. I probably should've mentioned that earlier.

"Oh. Um, okay," he said. He was probably tired, my work day started pretty early in the morning, and he said he lived about an hour away, so he probably woke up pretty early that morning.

"I think I'm going to bed. We have to be up early tomorrow. You can do whatever until you're ready to go to bed," I said, standing up.

"Okay. I think I'll go to bed too," he yawned.

He was quite adorable when he yawned. I walked into my room, and a couple minutes later I heard Dan walk into his.

I felt like I was a pretty bad host. The guy seemed like he was bored half to death. Oh well. I'll do better if he stays again tomorrow night.

I hope he stays again tomorrow night. Even though he didn't talk much, I felt comfortable around him, like we'd been friends forever, not just random guys who met this morning. The last time I felt like that was with my now ex-girlfriend, Heather, before we broke up.

I drifted off to sleep quickly, and my visitor seemed to seep into my dreams.

"I'm home!" I heard someone yell. I looked up from my laptop to see Dan smiling at me as he took off his shoes.

"How was work?" I ask, grinning.

"Boring, as usual. I missed you," He said as he walked over to me.

"I missed you too," I responded.

He flopped down on the couch and rested his head on my shoulder.

I smiled at him before gently kissing his cheek. He smiled, and leaned towards me, putting him closer to my face than he already was.

And then I woke up. I shot up, and took in my surroundings. Everything was the same. I was alone, which for some reason was disappointing. That dream was... nice.

I looked at my phone, to check the time. 4:28. I had two minutes left before my alarm went off. I sighed, and stood up. I better get ready.

Just then, my phone went off. It was a text, from my ex, Heather.

Can you watch Dylan today? My mum is in the hospital again, and I don't want him getting in the way.

Typical Heather, asking me to babysit her son on a day I had work. Every Sunday through Thursday, 6 AM to 5 PM, every week for the two years we dated, and she forgets it a month after we break up.

Then it hit me. It was Friday.

Yeah, do you want me to pick him up? I text back. Dylan was two, but he was well behaved. He was like a son to me, seeing how he was only a few weeks old when Heather and I started dating.

Nah, I can drop him off. I'll be there around five. Is it okay if he spends the night? The doctors are worried my mom won't live through the night :( She responded. Her mother had multiple health issues, which resulted in frequent hospital visits, and many brushes with death.

I told her that I would gladly keep Dylan over night, and was looking forward to his arrival.

I walked out into the lounge, where Dan was sitting on the couch, fully dressed.

"So, funny story," I chuckled. Dan looked up at me, clearly amused.

"I forgot that today is Friday, and I don't happen to work Fridays. So, my ex will be here to drop off her son, because I don't have work today, and she needs a babysitter," I say quickly. Dan laughs.

"So, you could stay here, or go out, or I bet they'd let you follow a different meteorologist around, but it's up to you," I say.

"I'll stay with you, if you don't mind," Dan smiled.

"Fine by me!" I smile back. Today is going to be great, I can tell already.