Home- Epilogue

It's been ten years since I got that call in the middle of the night, telling me that it was time for my first kill. I still remember the fear I felt the first time I saw the man who is now my husband. Even though our hair has returned to its natural colors, and Dylan is much bigger, whenever we see someone who looks like the man who ended up being Lincoln Jackson, or a couple who looks like my parents, I'm taken back to the first week of our relationship.

Lincoln Jackson, and many of his associates, including my parents, were imprisoned for murder. I've only visited my parents twice since their trials. Once was to ask about Max, and the other time was to tell them about Phil and I's marriage and the adoption of our daughter, Winnie.

My parents refused to tell me about Max, but I asked around, and was able to find some answers.

My parents got married very young, and were therefore able to work together on their first job, which was to kill a person named Max. Lincoln Jackson had seen Max a few times, and instantly disliked Max. So, he sent my parents to off them.

My parents befriended Max, just like I had Phil, but their story didn't end nearly as happily as ours did. They had lured Max into the forest, where they stabbed her to death, before burying them. Their body was never found.

I don't know how we were able to see what Phil and I have come to agree was Max's ghost, and how their spirit was able to save us. I have no doubt in my mind that our family wouldn't be alive, or would still be on the run, if Max hadn't been there.

My parents also didn't react to well to my engagement. But, I don't really care too much. Seeing how they're serial killers, I don't really take their opinions into consideration.

It was very hard for all of us, when we finally got home. It's taken us years to get over the things we've been through, and even now we still aren't over it. Even Dylan, who only remembers bits and pieces of our time on the run, still has nightmares.

We adopted Winnie four years ago, a few months before our wedding. She was only a couple weeks old when we got her, and I'm so glad I got to watch her grow up, seeing how I wasn't there for the first few years of his life.

Winnie doesn't know about our past, and I don't know when (or even if we will) tell her. She is very smart though, and I have a feeling we won't be able to hide it from her.

Actually, the first time Phil and I saw her, I think we both realized something. She has Max's eyes. And as she's grown older, I've noticed that she has Max's personality too. I think Winnie may have been with us, all those years ago, and we just didn't realize it.

It may be a crazy theory, but I can't seem to let go of it.

So, I guess everything ended well after all. We're all together, and safe, and that's all I could ever hope for.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you all enjoyed the story!