Imperial academy

For the next 4 years, my aunt had taken my education in the subjects of history, economics and war and on my training seriously. Life wasn't necessarily nice, especially given how tough these training regimes were. Given somewhat para-military training and having reprogrammed battle droids as sparring partners wasn't really the most pleasant of surprises. She also insisted heavily that I take things like knowing how to pilot a speeder or a small craft very seriously.

Education was a tough one. I was no Muun that I could instantly learn all the complexities involved in finance and commerce nor a Mandalorian that all these training should come naturally to me. Still, at least I had a higher education than most kids on poor planets in these regions.

My aunt, during these past years, had risen to higher positions. She became the richest individual on Akkadia and nearby systems and eventually given the title of 'countess'. Her rapid rise to power frightened many a rival but they were now 6 feet below my feet. I believe she accumulated enough money to send me to the imperial academy like she wished so long ago.

Currently, I was on one of the many rivers on my homeworld, fishing. Now it didn't sound very dangerous until you take into account the dangerous river serpents lurking beneath the rivers. Sure my aunt was rich but sometimes I just want to do things that me and my father used to do. The sail barge I was on landed and I jumped down, ready to weight my catch and recieve payment.

BOOM

I looked to where the explosion was and heard blaster fire. I could hear the sounds of terrified fishermen screaming, ''Ninghiszida! Ninghiszida!'' The name used for river serpent in Akkadian. I wasn't too afraid since the river serpent couldn't come up to this side, given that the tributary in which I was fishing was too small for it's immense size. I took my pay, started my speeder and headed back home.

The gate guards stopped to check me but I showed them my card and was allowed entrance. Upon reaching home, I was immediately told my aunt wasn't home yet. To pass the time, I took off my shirt and activated the training droids.

5:51 pm. My aunt had just returned from her important meeting. She always had the talent for diplomacy and manipulation. Part of the reason she rose to power so quickly and without much opposition was due to her making secret deals with the crime underworld. Drug cartels, smugglers and Hutt clans, she had dealings with all. These deals helped her increase her wealth and her rise to power followed not too far behind.

Naturally, she trusted me in keeping her dirty secrets from being leaked out and like the naive, obediant nephew that she molded me into, I obeyed. I dealt a punch onto the training droid and finished the session. ''Override code: horizon dawn.'' and the droids deactivated. ''Welcome home, aunt. How was your day?'' I asked and she smiled.

''It was wonderful nephew. 400k credits added to my bank account. Is dinner ready yet?''

''The cooks are almost done, I believe.'' I replied and headed upstairs to take a bath. After I did so, I headed down to enjoy the night's dinner. ''So, are you planning to the imperial academy?'' I asked and she nodded.

''To the Royal Imperial Academy on Coruscant, no less.''

''Coruscant?'' I asked in surprise. ''Do we even have the money for that?''

''Yes dear nephew. You'll leave in two days time.''

''I see.'' I simply said and continued my dinner. Since I was going away in two days, I decided to ask my aunt a question I wanted to ask for a long time. ''Aunt?''

''Yes, Salazar?''

''Don't you find these... deals wrong? I mean, all these dealings with crime lords to simply increase our money. Don't you think it's wrong?''