In the halls of chaos

-palace of Nineveh, Akkadia-

''Is the information accurate?'' I asked Admiral Versio for confirmation

''Is the information accurate?'' I asked Admiral Versio for confirmation. Today was the 50th day of the Cobra-New Republic war.

''Yes sir.'' replied the admiral. ''The New Republic is nearly at an end. They won't survive another month with all the onslaught Cobra is giving them.''

''Good. I told you they would not recover from the Battle of Byss. It seems that I was right. What is the status of project: endgame?''

''Finished within a weeks time.'' Admiral Versio answered.

''Ah. Good.'' I said as my data phone rang. It was from one of my secretaries. ''Yes?''

''My emperor. The priestesses from the cult of Nabu are here.'' my secretary said.

''I see. Send them in.'' I ordered and I ended the call.

''Cults? I didn't take you for being the religious kind, sir.'' Admiral Versio remarked and I chuckled a bit.

''No. But there is one priestess I want to see. Her name is Sammuramis, a priestess of the very secretive cult of Nabu. Tell me, admiral, do you know of their works?'' I asked him.

''I'm afraid I am not well versed in the traditions, beliefs and practices of Akkadia, sir.'' Admiral Versio replied.

''The cult takes in members at a very young age, often forcibly from parents as they hold great influence. Influence that has declined since my aunt's rise to power decades earlier. After gaining greater power and being appointed governor, she outlawed numerous practices that were deemed inhumane. However, some cults continue on with their practices as they no longer possess any danger. My interest with them is personal.''

''How so?''

''I remembered the words of my parents and my aunt recently. They... told me I had a sister who was five years older than me.'' I said, shocking the admiral a bit.

''Really, sir?''

''Yes. Taken to be turned into a priestess. We have been raised apart for years but that separation ends. You don't mind leaving do you?'' I asked as the doors to my throne room opened. Admiral Versio quickly left without a seconds hesitation and I was left alone in my throne room. ''Welcome to my palace, high priestess Helga. I am pleased you accepted my invitation.''

''The honor is ours, my lord the king.'' the high priestess replied humbly.

''Whatever. I am here because of one of the priestesses of your sect. Sammuramis.'' I said and the woman in question looked up, fear in her eyes. The others had faces of confusion and fear as well. The woman who was my older sister wore their traditional outfits with glasses and a necklace signifying her faith. ''Do not be afraid, come closer to me. Do you remember your parents? Your family?''

''No, my king.'' she truthfully replied.

''Siblings do not need to adress one another in such ways.'' I said, shocking everyone.