Smuggler's trail

-Dandoran, 6 months later-

My death troopers and I along with 30 storm troopers were walking through the lush green forests of Dandoran. I carefully took my step as I climbed down a cliff and after my men were in line, we continued moving to our assigned coordinates. Our mission was to hunt down a smuggler who stole precious spice from the Covraii guild. It was both an imperial mission and a personal one for me. We followed the trails of a river and after taking some much needed drinks of fresh water and filling our bottles, we moved again.

''Colonel, sir. The men are pretty tired from our long trek. May I suggest we camp here for the night? The deadline was tomorrow after all.'' Major Gren suggested.

''Not a bad idea, major.'' I agreed with the major. It was a long and tiresome journey indeed. ''Alright men, we'll camp here for the night.'' I ordered and they were all very much relieved.

Near a campfire, all of us were eating around, sharing stories, singing songs and dancing around the fire. All of us enjoyed the night as comrades and friends, not tool and user. After some time, we moved back into our tents and slept. The next morning, we got ready to move out once more where we met the rest of the troops near a smuggler's base. Apparently these smugglers were rich. Very rich.

''Gary. It seems you beat me to the punch.'' I said to my best friend as we sat down.

''Yeah. Been scouting the nearby areas and analyzing the base. No heavy turrets or defenses of medium levels. No ion torpedo launchers either but they do have point defense cannons.'' Gary reported his findings to me.

''I see. Then perhaps you can give me a layout of the base.''

''Sure.'' Gary then showed a holo projection of the base. Mainly a walled base with 4 cannons and inside were apparently 5 freighters. For shipping their stolen goods off world, obviously. Looking at the base, I found a small weakness in the wall's building. Actually, multiple weak spots. My plan was clear and I needed everyone to play their part.

''Alright then. Here's what we'll do. Gary, take 50 and attack here in the north eastern side. Major Gren, take another 50 and strike here. I'll lead the frontal assault myself. Beware of the cannons, gents. Let's do this.'' I ordered and we moved to do as I planned.

After placing detonators, we pressed the button to detonate them and once they did so, we started blasting. The cannons were easily obliterated by the rockets and we charged in. All resistance was futile, none stood a chance. As we moved in, I scrolled through their records and found a list of names. ''Sal, found anything?'' Gary asked me as he came over.

''Just some names.'' I replied. ''What of the spice? Did you find it?''

''Yeah. A ton of it along with various military grade weapons. Obviously stolen from some imperial base.''

''Whoever their leader is, he or she knows their stuff. We move to the other location. We hunt down these smugglers then we stop illegal spice and arms trade in the outer rim. Let's move.'' I ordered and we moved out again.
______________________________________

-next day-

The second smuggler base was destroyed. Everything was burning all over and the survivors were detained for interrogation. Looking over at the files, I saw one particular name. Liana Kor. My blood boiled in anger at the name.

''You seem angry, Sal. Liana Kor, huh? You know her?'' Gary asked me.

''Yes. Not personally though. She was responsible for killing my parents.''

''She is?'' he asked surprised.

''Not directly. The pirates who attacked my town were under her command. Makes no difference in my eyes.'' I replied to Gary.