Prologue

Prologue - Half a Lifetime Spent Drifting in a Dream

Shi Yi leaned against the window, looking out beyond the car window at the street signs that were speeding by. She could not help giving a heartfelt sigh over the good weather. There was not even a trace of a cloud in the azure sky, so even one's mood was pleasant because of this. The taxi cab's whole journey had been flowing and unimpeded, and even after she was out of the car, her check-in procedure was smooth. However, inside security, both times she passed through the metal detector, the alarm had sounded loudly.

The most frustrating part was, the alarm over in the other security line next to her was blaring incessantly as well. She wondered who was having the same wretched luck as her and had encountered an unreasonable metal detector. "Miss, would you mind taking off your shoes. We need to check again." She nodded and sat down on one of the chairs off to the side. As she was lowering her head to remove her shoes, she saw the backside view of the man in the adjacent security checkpoint.

Very tall, his back very straight. When she noticed him, he was picking up his laptop computer.

On the other end of the security checkpoint, the long queue wound back like dragon.

And on this end, it was only the two of them being inspected.

"Mr. Zhousheng Chen?" The man guarding the security checkpoint was holding the passport he had left behind. "You forgot your passport."

"Thank you." He turned around.

Sensing her gaze on him, he lifted his eyes to look over at her.

That instant of eye contact seemed to suppress all the chaos and noise surrounding them. Nothing else concerned her anymore. Shi Yi stared deeply at him, unable to move her gaze away. She wanted to laugh and at the same time, wanted to cry, but either way, she could not speak, not even half a word.

He had come after all.

Zhousheng Chen, you have come after all.