Chapter 4

Promise khoza

" I'm going out will see you when I come back ." I hear him , I am still under covers . I don't know what time it is at this point I also don't care.
" I love you " He says as he kisses my forehead I hymn in response.  I hear the door closing , I pull down the covers and breathe out .

My phone rings from the bedside I reach for it and answer.

Promise :"hello"

Mbali:" hy sis just wanted to tell you that Uncle Mbuso came by yesterday to tell us that he had paid for my tuition and the medical aid oh and he also bought us some groceries. "

Promise :" Okey that's good "

Mbali,:" You know you don't have to do this for us." I kept quiet as I didn't know what to say to her,  I bet she is also tired of me telling her that I am fine even though we both know that I am not ." I don't want you to continue to sacrifice your life for me I...I.. I don't want you to come out of that house is a coffin,  I don't want to bury you sis ." I Sighed as I heard her low sobs .

Promise:" you know I can't do that  , at least until you graduate . I don't have any qualifications I did not pass my matric , I can't get a job that will be enough to Feed us and also pay for moms hospital bills and your tuition also Xolani going to school I can't. " I say as tears start streaming down my face .

Mbali:" I hate that you have to sacrifice your life for us , but  this is my final year once I graduate I will take you out of that house let's hope it won't be too late than you hear me "

Promise:" Yes little sis " I say with a smile I know this will lighten up her mood a little .

Mbali:" oh please sis I am not little anymore , infect this year I am turning 21 " I smile

Promise:" even if you turn 60 you will always be my little sis " I say

Dikeledi Bataung

Mpho came back about an hour ago and he went to take a shower I have been waiting for him to come out so that we can talk , I hear the shower stopping and my nerves just went overboard.  I sat on the bed facing the balcony waiting for him

" We have to talk " I say as soon as he walked out of the bathroom.

" Okey " He sat down on the bed far away from me. " Talk" he says as he looked at me with a blank face .

" I'm sorry about what I did , I know that saying sorry won't change anything I did but I am sorry . I know this is not the first time I did somehow like this but I am sorry , please forgive me ." I say as tears stream down my faceche still has a blank stare .

" Well they say the first time is a mistake and well the second time is not.  " He starts as he doesn't break his eyes away from me.  " I'm still contemplating whether you are worth it or not...." I didn't let him finish as I got on my knees while .

" I am worth , please give one last chance if I mess up you can leave me and go on with your life please " I pleaded ,he sigh

" God knows how much I love you " Mpho

" And I love you too " I say

" I am not promising you anything,  I might or might not divorce you " I says as he walked out and left me there still on my knees frozen.

Promise khoza

I sat on the lounge while watching TV or the TV was watching me . Our private chef was preparing supper , Mbuso wake in coming back from work . If it was any other day I would have jumped on him happyily and took his brief case while also cooking food for him . He sat down and brushed his hairless head ,he only does that when he is stressed .

" Can we talk ." He says and I respond with nod " I know I have been not the best husband out there but can you please forgive, I've started to go for therapy and be a better man for you . I am sorry for abusing you emotionally and physically please forgive,  I will go for therapy for you and our future kids . " well  that's first

" I forgive you " I says with a fek smile he stood up smiling and came and kissed .

" Thank you my love , let me and take a shower ." He says as he walks upstairs while taking of his tie . I looked at the brief case and it was slightly open on top of the table , I reached for it and opened it . My heart started racing as I saw the two hundred rands that filled the brief case . I looked up and back at the brief case , I know the safe code . With this money and the one on the safe it could be enough for me to run away and my siblings,  should I or should I not .......