chapter 11

Promise khoza

"Why are you with me"? I ask while  looking at him .

" Becouse I love you and you my wife , remember I paid cash for you " He says with a shrug

" No that's not it , you don't go around beating me up to a point of losing my kids and than you come back around saying you love me . At some point I thank God that the kids did not survive becouse who knows maybe they would have been your new punching bag  , were you could have practiced bieng a man " I laughed a little " you know I once heard a story about man that man who abuse their wife's and kids they are not man enough , you know they can't stand fro themselves in front of other man . They are cowards a rat ."
I could see anger boiling inside of him as he stood there watching me , he rubbed his nose bridge as he closed his eyes than sighed

" can we go home where we can talk about this " I shook my head .

" Nope , you can go to your house.  You know you can do your worst ruin our lives and stuff but know that if you ruin my life I can also ruin yours . Oh I still have the pictures of me in bruises and the text you sent to me saying that you are sorry for beating me up and also I record all of my calls that I receive so think about  the number of times you said sorry over the phone for beating me up . Mmmm I think that's enough proof to put your ass in jail ."

Within seconds he was in front of me while squeezing my cheeks , it was painful but I did not want to show him that I am scared and in pain I tried to keep a straight face .

" Is everything okey in here " my nurse said while at the door thank God for her , Mbuso quickly let go of me and turned to the nurse

" Ya , everything is good I was just talking to my wife .," in queue my sister walked in and greeted us , the nurse left

" Well look at that mr khoza you just left a loose end, you see that nurse over there that is our eye witness.  I wonder what will you clients say working with an abuser ,mmm you will receiving divorce papers soon . " I say as my sister wheeled me out of the room , I feel like a stone has been removed from my chest. We got to my car and a male nurse helped me in while my sister put my stuff at the back seat of the car .

" Did you fetch my stuff " I aks

" YEP,  let's hope it is over " I shook my head I don't think it is over

////////////////////
Angel Naidoo

"Go down ,go down ,go down ,yeah
Let me se you go to town, yeah
"Go down ,go down ,go down ,yeah
Let me se you go to town, yeah
"Go down ,go down ,go down ,yeah
Yeah ,yeah, yeah "

I sang along as did my work out , minutes later I was already sweating and panting . I worked out of the gym and went to take a shower than went downstairs to have some breakfast,  I found Rashad reading a news paper .

" Aren't you late for work ?" I ask

" Well not yet " he says as he looked at his watch " I just got a new deal it will bring I billions of Rands ." He says with a smile.

"Babe that's good I am happy for , more money means  more shopping more traveling "

" It would be nice if we had a kid who will take care of the company when I'm gone , you know my own blood  " As soon as he said that the food lost taste in my mouth

" please don't ruin my mood " I say while going to the refrigerator to take out some juice.

" Okey, "

" Thank you " I say while sitting down

" You know one thing I've noticed in this marriage is that what you say goes ,it doesn't matter what I want it is all about what you want . I'm going to work so that you can do more shopping , who knows maybe go to Dubai and spend the money that you never worked for in a private jet " He stood up and left mxm .

///////////////////

Masindi Tshabalala

Me and Nkosinathi are on our way to the doctor . It is our first appointment today , I am just praying that things go as planned I don't want to go to the doctors appointment alone in the near future.  As we were driving we stopped at the robots and a gay couple crossed the street while walking with a kid ,

" I am just hoping that baby is not their adoptive  daughter " I say while looking at them as they held hands and continued with their destination.

" Why not , there is nothing wrong with gay people having kids together " He says

"I think it is best if a kid grows up with both male and female parents,  I mean what will they do when the girl reaches stage and starts going on her periods . I bet they have never seen a pad before " I say

" So you are homophobic" He says as he packed the car .

" No I am not I don't have a problem with them dating but dragging a child in it nope " I say

" You are not even making sense " He got out of the car and started walking , so he is not going to open my door for me.

///////////////////

Ntokozo moloi

Me and the women we are at the kitchen cooking while the man are at the lounge talking , even my parents are here today and I on the other side I'm still at the dark.  My mother in law is in a good mood but it is a different story with me and Sma . I don't like bieng in the dark I like to know what is happening around me , the food is ready we are just sat on the kitchen doing absolutely nothing .
Minutes later my uncle comes and calls me with Sma , we go to the lounge and my husband is not okey I can see it from here . We don't sit on the couches but we sit on the floor while facing down , my fother in law clears his throat and than start talking .

" we all know why we a gathered here except for Ntokozo . Uhm my child you know that Smangele lost her husband my son not so long ago " MY heart starts to race , I nod my head while still not making eye Contact.  " it is tradition that if the older brother dies or younger brother dies , his blood brother will continue to take care of his family were he left off ." MY head shots up and I look at Muziwenkosi but he does not look at me , I look at my mother but she is smiling along my mother in-law. On the other side my fother is lost in thoughts 

" So what is going to happen is that Muzi will take Sma as his second , we have already talked to him and he agreed " Asoze That is not going to happen

" Never " I say as I stood up,  everyone looked at me .

" Hlala phansi Ntokozo ( sit down )" my mom says .

" No mama this is not going to happen not on my watch , I am not going to sit here and let you people take advantage of my kindness . Wena Muzi you are not taking a second wife while I am still married to you and alive for that Metter, and you sma you agreed to this ? " She does not look at me but keeps on staring at the floor , I walk out of the lounge going to my bedroom " And you all better not be here when I come out here except of my father " I finish off .

"Yeyeni bo mihlola"

" I told you that that girl is not good news look at how she embarrassed herself today , smangele is way better than her " my mother in law says as I disappear on the stairs .

......