chapter 8

.

Damian worked the controls furiously of the bio ship. He knew time was of the essence and sooner or later Damian would have to abandon the ship in order to actually go after Slade.

He wiped the information the bot found, erased it from the computer throughly, and transferred it to a phone he had stolen from the marshin girl hours earlier. He left the bot at the mountain to spy on the others from the shadows. It took them a full 30 minutes before Wally came to look for him and sparked the alarm. It was now 2 hours sense then and they apeared to have involved batman into the situation. Damian chose not to listen in on that conversation.

Damian wanted to charge slade head on but he had to check something first. Ra's monastery.... Damian used the satellites to look over it and it appeared dormant. One of the theories he came up with during the week sparked up the question on how slade would send a message to Damian, and the first thing that came to mind was the monastery. So, he decided to swiftly investigate and leave the bio ship there. He could walk down the mountain to civilization and find other means of transportation that cant be tracked.

Now back into his assassin uniform he has smuggled with him, his blades sharp, and his grandfathers sword secured on his waist, he was ready for whatever awaited him.

Damians eyes narrowed at the dark shadows the loomed the errie mighty monastery... the monastery was never dark.

Damian slowed the ship and landed in near the entrance of the main building. A blizzard was happening currently. It was also the dead of night now there aswel, making it impossible to see more then 4 feet infront of him without light. Damian left the lights on in the bio ship and left it running as the ramp lowered.

The cold air was strong and the snow blinded him. Damian held his sword in one hand and a flashlight in the other. He put on his lower face mask and went down the ramp heading for inside the main building. The ramp closed automatically behind him, its front lights lighting his way.

Damian pushed the heavy doors open and struggled to close it behind him. Keeping the gusts at bay. Damian took a breath then looked around his old home with the flashlight.

It was dark now and the bodies from the massacre still layed rotting around. The traditional painted walls and wallpaper were stained with dry blood. Bullet holes were everywhere... some rooms were burned to a crisp. Others untouched miraculously. It was then that Damian realized his home was truly gone. That his grandfather was really gone this time and on the brink of losing his mother along with it. He might have hated how things were here, but it was still his childhood home. Even if he could still hear his own screams if he lost himself in his memories.... but regardless, Damians life was changed in less then a heartbeat. It was gone, like the lives of these fellow soldiers...

It made Damian sick that these soldiers weren't even buried but just left to rott where they had fallen. What made Damian even more sick was knowing he didn't have the time to burry them himself. As be passed each corpse, he made a note to bow, apologize, and thank in Arabic as a way to honor them. It was the best he could do at the moment.

Damian went up the stairs cautiously and looked for cameras of any sort. He didn't see any but that didn't mean they weren't there. Damian finally made it to his own room and had to pry the door open. The usually sliding door remained shut and snapped within an instant making Damian fall bit he was alright. He got up and entered the room.

To his surprise, the room looked untouched. Immediately Damian was suspicious. He found a note on his bed that said "lazerith pit."

Damian rose an eyebrow and before he went he kicked a floor board breaking it open. He reatched his arm in and pulled out a locked box. Damian opened it to confirm that the contents were untouched. To his satisfaction they weren't harmed in the chaos. Damian closed the box and put it in a backsack he took with him. Securing the box safely and securely to not make any unnecessary noise, Damian swung the backpack on and headed to the lazerith pit below. He used the secret passageway from his bedroom to the pit just in case.