Chapter 17: The true reason

Everyone went back into their dorms and were feeling a lot of emotions. Some are angry, some are upset, and some are ashamed. Uraraka, feeling all three. She is angry at herself for what she has done. This isn't the first time she'd done this, and she promised to never do it again. But she let her jealousy get in the way of it. She knows he won't forgive her, but there's still a chance. He may be upset now, but he is a sweet person and willing to give them a second chance. With that in mind, she decided to talk to him later on.

While Midoryia is thinking about what happened earlier as he laid on his bed, he heard a knock at his door. "Come in!" The door opened, revealing Jiro. "Hey, got a minute?" Midoryia sat up on his bed which gave her an answer. She walked into the room and closed the door behind herself. "What did you want to talk about?" Midoryia asked. "I'm sorry," Jiro replied. "For?" Midoriya asked. "For everything." Jiro walks over to Midoryia and slowly sits down on the bed. "I've been keeping all the information related to you along with different plans I've heard would happen. I even hid the fact she went through your room. Everything that has happened all happened because I didn't say anything," Jiro replied.

Midoryia looked up from the bed and looked at Jiro with a confused look. "Did you know Uraraka was holding something against Monoma?" Midoryia asked. Jiro remained silent. "Did you know Uraraka mic'd Tsu's room?" Midoriya asked. Jiro remained silent again. "Did you know about outcast shenanigan?" Midoriya asked. Jiro is silent once again. "...So you knew all of this...don't tell me Urar-" Mioryia stopped himself as he realized what happened.

Not only did she get to Tsu and Monoma, but she went to her too. "When did this start?" "...It started a day before Toga, Shigaraki, and Dabi came. She was already talking to Monoma then and I overheard their conversation. Once they finished their conversation, I walked off as fast as I could without being seen, but I was. Uraraka had a little chat with me and with my quirk, she knew I would find out about everything else she planned at some point. So, she buried me with the dirt she had been holding, and the only way she would dig me up is if I keep my mouth shut...So that's what I did," Jiro replied. "Then why did you tell us about her micing Tsu's room?" Midoryia asked. "I heard Uraraka talking about putting a microphone in someone's room. When she said that, the first place I thought about was your's and Bakugo's," Jiro replied. "That's why you kept us from our rooms. It's so she can;t hear what we say," Midoryai said. "Yeah, and the discussion you guys are having is obviously private, so I kept you guys as far from your rooms as possible. But I didn't think she would mic Tsu's room to make sure she did what she said. Once I found the microphone, all I felt was blood rushing through my veins. The anger building up. At that point, I didn't care if she told the whole school, I didn't like the fact that she betrayed her own friend and pulled the trick on MY bestfriend! I couldn't let her get away with it anymore, so I told you guys and all of this went down...I'm sorry for not telling you. If you don't want to hang out anymore, I get it and I understand," Jiro said.

Midoryia turned his body towards Jiro and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I forgive you." Jiro looked at with tears forming in her eyes as she looked at him with shock. "What? Why" "Because you-" Someone knocked on Midoryia's door. He looked at Jiro and received a nod. Midoryia grabbed a box of tissue and handed it to Jiro. "Come in!" The door opened, revealing Uraraka. Once Jiro finished cleaning her face, she saw Uraraka as well. "I'm gonna leave you two alone." Jiro got up and walked out of the room. Once the door closed, Midoryia asked her what she wanted.

What she did was wrong and felt horrible about it. She slowly turned her body towards Midoryia and bowed. "I'm s-" "What's the real reason?" Uraraka's eyes shot open and looked up slightly. "What?" "What's the real reason? I already knew you wanted to help me from the start, but there's something else that you're not telling me," Midoryia replied.