Chapter 22: Lida

In a few minutes, Lida came into the room. "Hello." "Hello, principle Nezu," Lida said as he sat down at the table. "So you handed me this book knowing your name was in it, but I can't get around the fact you brought this notebook to me, but your name is in it." "That is correct," Lida said. "You do know everyone in this notebook will get in some trouble, right?" "Yeah," Lida replied. "Well, thank you for giving this notebook, but you knew you would get in trouble. Normally people would try to hide it, but you didn't. Why?" "Like how you just said it; they would try to hide it. I may have the knowledge about the consequences, but it still doesn't give me the right to let this go on. I don't want anyone else to suffer like how I did and others. So....I gave the book to you," Lida replied. "I see...now that is over; tell me what she did to get you to do what you did?"

Lida remained silent, and Nezu looked at Lida with a confused look. "Lida, are you going to tell me what happened?" Lida remained silent as he looked down at his feet. He sighed to himself as he thought more and more about the punishments he would get in, but he had no choice. "I'm already here; mind as well do it now." Lida thought.

Lida looked up at Nezu and took a deep breath. "Uraraka....didn't have to do anything for me to do what I did." "So you did something out of anger?" Nezu asked. "Not sure exactly....I went along with the things they were doing without questioning it...I mean...I don't know." "Then why did you do it? You are the most reliable person I know at this school and never broke any rule, so why now? Unless there is something you're not telling me," Nezu asked.

He looked down in his lap as he remembered the conversation he had with Uraraka and Dabi. The words Dabi was saying were what he mostly heard and he feels ashamed for it. Not because Dabi talked to him as if he was an idiot, but he was right. Ever since his brother's death, he always hated villains more than he already did, but with his death made it more intense. The fact Dabi went and told him to let go of her and was right, made him feel really dumb. "There's no point in thinking it's stupid to tell him....because I am stupid."

Nezu looked at Lida while waiting patiently, but it wasn't going to last very long. The long suspense is getting on his nerves. He already had issues as it is and his stalling made it upset. "Lida, I don't have all day for this. Tell. Me. Now." "....I was blinded by my love for someone who has no interest in me," Lida replied. "....You're serious?" Lida didn't say anything, but nodded his head.

Nezu was starting to get frustrated. The one student in the whole school who respects his rules and regulations did the most outrageous thing over a girl who didn't have any interest in him. "Let me get this straight....You helped Uraraka with getting into Midoryia's room, looking through his stuff, siding with her for the things that are a criminal acts, and ruined your relationship with everyone in your class all for a girl who HAS NO INTEREST IN YOU! UNBELIEVABLE!"

Lida was shocked by Nezu raising his voice. He was normally a calm and consulting type of person. This is nothing he has ever seen before. "I'm sorry sir" "Sorry isn't gonna cut it! You broke many of my rules for a girl who you liked, which is an idiotic thing for you to do! Not to forget to mention, you're considered an accomplice!"

They both went quiet, but heard Nezu breathing louder than usual. He was very upset with his actions and there is nothing he can do to fix it. "...What you have done can't be undone and because you're an accomplice, you will have the same punishment as Uraraka." "...Okay," Lida replied. "You are dismissed."

Lida got up from his seat and walked out of the office. As he walked through the hallways, he thought about everything that had happened. About the fights, arguments, secrets, the notebook, friends splitting away.....who would have known so much can happen within the course of two weeks.

He continued walking when he looked up to see Monoma being escorted out of his classroom, while in handcuffs. Shortly, Kendo ran out of the classroom and was stopped by one of the police officers. "What are you doing! Don't take him away! He did nothing wrong!" The more she tried to get herself out of the officers' grip, the more aggressive he got with her. Monoma noticed the police officer putting his free hand behind his belt. "KENDO!" With that, she stopped moving and looked at Monoma. "Kendo, stop! It's okay!" "But they're-" "Doing the right thing. So please..." Monoma said.

The police officer who was holding her slowly released his grip around her wrist. Monoma gave her one last smile before the two police officers violently pushed him forward; as a sign to walk. The further he was, the more tears that went down her face. Once they turned the corner, Monoma smiled at Kendo with tears in his eyes. With that, she finally fell to her knees and began to cry.