Chapter 21: Kirishima's background

While Nezu was waiting for Kirirhima's arrival, he was looking into the notebook again. He was looking around the pages and looked at Kirishima's. "That's interesting....why isn't there anything for him?" Nezu closed the notebook and looked at the clock. "I'll figure it out soon."

After a while, Kirishima came into the office. Nezu gave him a small smile and pointed towards the seat on the other side of the table. Kirishima sat down at the table and waited; silently. "Kirishima, I'm not sure if Tsu told you, but it seems to me that Uraraka went to you too." "...That is correct," Kirishima replied. "For how long?" "For the past week," Kirishima replied. "What did Uraraka get you to do?" "It's not what she got to do...It's what I did," Kirishima replied. "Eleberate."

*A last week*

The Bakusquad noticed how Bakugo has been distance. The rest of the class noticed it as well, but they left him be. The Bakusquad wants to hang out with Bakugo like they did before, but they didn't want their friendship to become like the Dekusquad's. So they all stayed quiet and let Bakugo go, but someone wasn't able to....Kirishima.

Kirishima has been eyeing the new group for the past few days now, and it is making him jealous. How much they are laughing, talking, and Bakugo engaging in their conversations. "He never did that with us..." The rest of the squad noticed it as well. With how much Bakguo hates Deku, he still talked to him. "I wish Bakubro was as open as he is with them. Even making the 'tch' noise would be enough."

While they were in the cafeteria, Kirishima was ignoring the conversation that was happening at their table because he had been looking at theirs. He's resting his head on his head while looking over at them. He sighs for the thousandth time that day and Mina looks at Kirishima. "Kiri, you have been sighing this entire day. What's up?" "It's nothing, it's just that test," Kirishima replied. "What test?" Sero asked. "The one we have to take tomorrow for Midnght. I haven't been studying for it and I can't be consistent," Kirishima replied.

Sero puts his chopstick down and wraps his arm around Kirishima's shoulder. "If you want, you can come to my room and study with me." "Yeah, Sero is really good at Midnight's class. He can totally help you!" Mina added. "Can I come too?" Kaminari asked. "As long as you don't drink coke," Sero replied. "Awww, why not?~" Kaminari asked. "Because you shock everything you touch once you finish one can," Mina replied. "And my computer is still not working," Kirishima added. "Okay, okay, okay! I get it! I won't drink coke," Kaminari said. "Alright! Mina?" "I guess I'll come," Mina replied. "Cool! And you?" Seor asked as he looked at Kirishima. "Sure," Kirishima replied. "Great!"

Everyone went back to eating while Kirishima continued looking over at the table. He dropped down his shoulders and looked over at the table that used to have Midoriya and Todoroki; to see Uraraka looking at Kirishima. She gave him a small smirk before walking out of the cafeteria. Kirishima was confused about what that was about, but let it go.

Lunch was over and everyone went to their classes. Once class was over, everyone was heading to their dorms when Kirishima stopped at the bathroom. He went in, used the restroom, washed his hands, and left the bathroom when he saw Uraraka standing in front of the bathroom. "Uh, hey Uraraka. Do you need something?" "I do," Uraraka replied. "....Okay, what is it?" "I need you to have a talk with you," Uraraka replied. "Sure." "...Have you notice how close Bakugo and Deku have been?" Uraraka asked. "Who hasn't?" "You're right, but how have you been feeling about it?" Uraraka asked. "I mean, it's whatever. If Midobro and Bakubro feel comfortable with each other and hang out, I'm okay with it." "You're not bothered by it even a tiny bit?" Uraraka asked. Kirishima remained silent.

Uraraka smirked to herself, but wasn't visible. "Don't worry, you're not the only one. I, too, am bothered by it. With Deku being away from the group, Todoroki also left...It feels empty without them." "But that was your fault," Kirishima said. "How?" "You pushed him away by getting into his business. Which chased Todoroki off," Kirishima. "...I know that already, which is what I'm trying to do. Get their trust back and have my friends back." "I'm glad you want to change. You got this," Kirishima said as he was about to walk away.

Uraraka quickly got in front of Kirishima before he managed to take two steps. "What is it?" "I'm glad you believe in me, but I need help with it," Uraraka said. "With what?" Kirishima asked. "I need your help to convince Bakugo to hang out with you guys more than he is hanging out with them." "How expectually?" Kirishima asked. "I don't know, but can you try? Please, for me?" "...sure," Kirishima replied. "Thanks," Uraraka said as she walked away.

Ever since their conversation, Kirishima has been trying to talk to her dad, but it hasn't been working for him. Every time he tries to get Bakugo's attention, he would push him away, threaten him, and or ignore him. It was annoying and the rest of the group noticed it too. Anytime he gave up, Uraraka would come to him and keep the idea in his head.

One day, Kirishima went to the cafeteria where Bakugo and the others were at. Before they disappeared, Kirishima went to Bakugo. "Hey Bakubro-" "What do you want??" Bakugo yelled with an aggravated tone. "I jus-" "Can you just leave me alone? I'm trying to e-" "Look Bakugo! This whole week, you have been ignoring me! Anytime I try to say hi or ask you how it has been going, you would push me away! So could you listen to me, privately, for five minutes?" Kirishima yelled. Bakugo looked up and down at Kirishima before he replied to his question. "No," and walked away.

Kirishima was so upset with what he just said. "Why is he like this? Everytime I tried to talk to him, he would always do this! Why can't he listen to me? Why is he so self observed?" The anger that is building up in Kirishima made him do something he never thought he would ever do...

*Present*

"And I told the rest of the group later that night and convinced them he is replacing us...out of anger." Kirishima looked down in his lap as he talked about what happened. Nezu was about to say something to Kirishima when he noticed a tear fell down and he looks like he wants to say more. "...I really hate myself for doing that. I never wanted to do that, but my anger just....got in the way. I feel horrible about it, but I...I can't fix it..."

Nezu took a quick glance at his notebook before he closed it. "So, not only did you break your friendship with him, but you broke the friendship between him and the others. You let your anger get the best of you and because of that, Bakugo probably won't become friends with you or each other. What you did was wrong and you need to fix it. If not, then you'll be a loner for the rest of your school life, but an associate with everyone."

Kirishima nodded his head and asked him how to do that. "That's something you have to figure out on your own. You may leave now, and bring Lida in." Kirishima nodded once more before he left the room.