𝖀𝖓

Aiden's p

Aiden's p.o.v

I woke to the sound of my alarm ringing at 5 am. Its August 21 the first day of my Senior year just 10 months before I can finally graduate. I turned 17 during the summer I remember blowing out the candles and wishing hard that I'd just wake up in the morning with strong arms  and magically be popular at school. I guess you reach a certain age where wishing on candles expire. I sighed as I slowly sat up on my bed and grabbed my phone I checked my notifications for something...anything...nothing... as usual I set my phone back down and pushed back my covers.

My feet touched my carpeted floor I suddenly began to feel a wave of nervousness the idea of going back to school again brings tears to my eyes. I chewed on my bottom lip until someone knocked on my door.

"Aiden may I come in?" My Stepmother asked from the other side of the door. "Y-Yes momma." She entered with a warm smile on her face closing the door behind her. She walked up to my bed and sat close next to me. "How'd you rest last night Honey?" I shrugged.

She tucked a strand of my hair that covered my eyes behind my ear. "I know you don't want to go to school today but its a new year honey Im sure you'll make friends this year!" She tried to cheer me up but it wasn't making friends that I worried about it was the group of popular guys at school who's bullied me ever since Freshman year.

"Yeah... I-I suppose " I mumbled she rubbed circles on my back comfortably before placing a kiss on my cheek. "How about I make you my special breakfast, will that cheer you up?" I tucked the other strand of hair behind my ear and nodded giving her a small smile.

Once she left my room I stood up and fixed my bed I placed my teddy bears in line in front of my pillows and walked to my bathroom. I flipped the switch and approached my mirror I stared at my features for a moment. My curly hair that covers my eyes, my full pink lips, rosy cheeks and fair skin and sighed.

I turned my faucet and waited for the warm water. What makes me different from the other guys at school? Is it my outfit choices? Maybe its my hair? My stutter? My unability to make friends? I shook my head and cupped the water splashing my face with the warm water. I turned the faucet off and grabbed my towel drying my face.

I walked out of my bathroom and towards my dresser. I opened a drawer I noticed a brown long sleeve knitted sweater and black jean that are ripped at the knees. I pulled the sweater of my head and pulled the jeans on. I ran my hands through my hair trying to detangle my curls. I sat on my bed and pulled out my old converse high tops.

I stood and walked to my body length mirror I pulled the sweater down far past my hips and adjusted my sleeves they were so long they passed my fingertips. My hair became messy again from pulling my shirt over my head but I couldn't find the motivation to adjust it again.

I try to blend into the background but I'm spotted by the football team too easily. Its almost as if I had a neon billboard over my head with an arrow pointing at me that says Aiden's right here. "Honey breakfast is ready!" my mother shouted from downstairs. "Coming!" I quickly grabbed my backpack and phone.