A First Date (Goldric)

(Final word count- 2419)

(Edric's POV)

As the sun began to peek through the manor's windows, Edric let out a groan. He had spent the night at his desk, studying for his hobbies. He had only just recently gotten interested in the Potions and Beastkeeping covens. He figured that studying them wouldn't hurt, since he was on his way to be an Illusionist.

Edric took a glance over toward the bird cage he had hanging in the corner of his room, which contained his pet bat. He had made the clever decision to name him Batric. He had noticed that Batric may be a palisman, due to the foothold at the bottom of his claws. He hadn't ever tried to turn Batric to a staff though, he simply just didn't know how, and he honestly didn't wanna ask Amity for advice. Sure, she was his little sister, but she could be scary at times.

He quietly stood, opening the cage and placing a small bowl of food in for Batric. He then took whatever he needed for school, checked how he looked in the mirror, and then left his room, going downstairs and walking to the kitchen. He quietly searched for anything that looked appetizing, eventually settling on a bag of Hexmix. As he opened the package, he heard the footsteps of his twin sister, Emira, coming down the stairs.

"Good morning," Emira greeted him as she reached into the fridge, taking out a carton of bubbling orange juice, pouring it into a glass and watching as it bubbled to the edge. As she put the carton away, she drank the contents of her glass.

"Morning, Em!" Edric greeted back happily as he began eating his breakfast.

Emira chuckled and set her empty glass into the sink, "You ready to head to school?"

Edric gave a nod and set his half-eaten bag of Hexmix on the counter, he'd get yelled at later. For now, he was looking forward to walking to school! He had been seeing the Golden Guard on him and Emira's walks more often, and he loved sneaking little notes into the guard's pockets. He never saw the way the guard reacted, but he liked to think that he kept the notes.

Edric patted his pants pocket, feeling if the note he had written was there. Indeed, it was. It was just a simple love poem, which read;

"Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Your mask is gold,

So are you.

If you'd like to meet,

Go to Blight manor.

I'll be in the backyard at eight.

-EB"

He had finally decided to ask out the guard. Sure, he knew barely anything about him- but, that was the point of dates! To get to know one another. He hadn't really been on a date in awhile- specifically, after his last boyfriend broke up with him. He stood him up at Grom! That was a dick way of breaking up with a witch.

Emira let out a small hum and led Edric out the front door, "Mittens is already at school. Y'know, she gets there super early and stuff."

Edric replied with a nod, taking the poem from his pocket and gently fidgeting with the paper. He was really nervous about this one. If the guard did show up- what was he meant to do? He had planned to just wander around the woods with him once they met up, but that may be boring. What if he set up a picnic? But what if the Golden Guard isn't hungry? Maybe he could bring food, just in case. They could still wander the woods.

Emira nudged Edric in the side with her elbow, "I'm gonna go pick up Viney. You go ahead, alright?"

Edric blinked, quickly gathering his thoughts as he rendered what Emira had said, "Oh- yeah, okay!"