Bring Your Parent to School Day (Goldric)

This was suggested by @the_weird_23_ on Instagram!

If you wanna leave me suggestions, my account is @_burning_marshmallow_ on Instagram! <3

This will include one of my OC's. His name is Milo and he's the adopted son of Edric and Hunter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edric stood in front of his classroom, his signature big smile on his face. He was excited today for a few reasons. One, was that he got to see his students today after a long weekend. His second reason was because of the conversation his husband and son had this morning.

-

-

"Dad," Milo said, grabbing onto the apron of Hunter's work outfit. He was no older than six. "Can you come to school with me today?"

Hunter gently scooped Milo up in his arms, holding his son close, "Pumpkin, I have work today though."

Milo huffed, grabbing onto the collar of Hunter's shirt. "But everyone else is going to bring their parents to class!"

Hunter chuckled, the gap in his teeth peeking through. "Oh, is this when parents come in and talk about their jobs?"

Milo giggled, nodding eagerly, "Mhm! I want you to come because Papa is always at school with me, and everyone knows what he does."

Hunter hummed, placing a gentle kiss on the small boy's forehead, "I'll come with you, but you have to promise to be on your best behavior, okay?"

As a smile quickly spread across Milo's face, he held out one of his small pinky fingers. "Pinky promise!"

Hunter hummed, gently interlocking his pinky with his son's.

-

-

Now, as Edric watched his students file into the classroom with their parents beside them, he couldn't help but feel his heart melt at the sight. Parents were carrying their little ones or holding their hand, while some had their kid on their shoulders. Truthfully, Edric kind of saw his students as his own children in a way. Not in a creepy way, but a loving teacher way. He loved seeing them laugh together and grow.

Edric's ears perked upright as he saw Milo enter the room clinging onto Hunter's work apron. His smile softened as he watched Hunter effortlessly scoop Milo into his arms.

Milo had always been a clingy kid, and who could blame him? The first four years of his life were spent in fear and pain prior to his adoption. Something no one should go through. Seeing him now though, it really made Edric happy to see. Edric was nothing like his mother, despite looking more like her than he did his father. He had managed to help a kid who was scared and struggled to trust. He genuinely cared for the little boy he was raising. His family always came first. Unfortunately for Odalia, status and money had always come before family.

Edric cleared his throat as the last student entered the room with their parent. "Alright everyone! I need the parents up front, and my students in their seats. Your parents will be explaining what they do for a living!"

Edric quietly watched as parents guided their kids to their seats, walking to the front of the class once the kids were seated.

As Hunter was passing Edric, he leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on Edric's forehead.

Edric blinked, his cheeks burning a bright red. "Hun, I'm working." He whispered, gesturing for his husband to join the other parents.

Hunter rolled his eyes, letting a low chuckle escape his lips, "I know. You just looked so handsome." The blonde complimented, following his husband's gesture and joining the others.

Edric slowly took in a deep breath, his cheeks returning to their normal pale color. He turned toward the adults in the room, a smile spreading across his face. "The floor is all yours now. You all can answer questions the kids have and everything."

As Edric took a seat at his desk (which he rarely did, he liked to stand and teach his students while on his feet) a parent took over and began to explain their job as a healer.

Another parent was an alchemist.

A veterinarian.

An artist.

A writer.

A baker.

A librarian.

A historian.

None of these earned any questions from the kids. In fact, most looked bored.

And then it was Hunter's turn to talk. As he moved in front of the other adults, he gently took his palisman, Waffle, in his hands. She happily chirped, her wings fluttering as she looked around the room.

"This is my palisman. Her name is Waffle. I carved her with the help of Eda the Owl Lady." Hunter started as Waffle flew from Hunter's hands over to Milo, who took Waffle close and gently scratching the top of her head.

Hunter chuckled, "And now that's my everyday job. I carve palisman for people and they buy them."

A kid raised their hand. Hunter gestured over to them.

"What can be a palisman?"

Hunter chuckled, "Good question! My palisman is based off of an animal in the human realm, which is commonly known as a blue jay. My husband's palisman is a bat from our realm. A palisman can be pretty much anything you can imagine."

This time, Milo raised his hand.

Hunter hummed, gesturing to Milo, "Yes, Pumpkin?"

Milo gently cupped Waffle in his hands, placing her on his shoulder. "Can a palisman be based off of an object? Like... the moon?"

To this, Hunter's ears perked up in curiosity. "Well, I'm not sure actually. I don't think it's ever been done before." A smile slowly spread across his face, "I'd be willing to test it out sometime though."

Milo giggled as Waffle cuddled up into the crook of his neck. He was very happy with that response.

Hunter chuckled as his eyes scanned the room, "Who knows. Maybe I'll be the one carving all of your palisman."

Hunter quietly moved back to his spot as another parent took over, explaining their job. The rest of the day wasn't all that entertaining, but it was safe to say that the class really enjoyed hearing about Hunter's work.

-
Final word count-1022
-
I hope you enjoyed reading! This wasn't what I originally wanted it to turn out like, but it's the best I could muster up, lol. I hope that you sleep well tonight! Sweet dreams, stranger. <3