Don't Leave (Goldric)

TW: major character death, blood, gore descriptions

(Total word count- 1446)

(Hunter's POV)

Hunter stood beside Edric. They were currently in a clearing in the woods and Hunter was simply just supervising Edric, who was brewing potions in a cauldron he had brought there. Hunter was here to ensure Edric's safety.

Hunter had already had to push Edric's hand away from the boiling liquid in the cauldron multiple times. The taller male didn't seem to care much for his own safety, oftentimes acting on impulse rather than thinking things through. Despite this though, the guard had grown to love the Blight's dumb, goofy personality.

Hunter often found himself admiring the emerald haired boy during conversations. He adored the soft, golden color of Edric's eyes, which could appear as bright as the sun in the early mornings. He loved the emerald color of his hair, perfectly complimenting the taller boy's pale skin. He favored the look Edric had without his concealment stone though, which he's only seen once. The way Edric's hair naturally fell in messy curls, how Edric's glasses perfectly captured the dorky part of him, the small bit of hair that Ed had above his upper lip, he loved every little thing about Edric.

Hunter glanced around, gently petting Flapjack's head. Flapjack had been perched on his shoulder, just enjoying cuddling with the blonde. Flapjack and Batric didn't get along often when out directly next to each other, so they were kept apart from one another.

Hunter had noted that Batric had flown to a nearby tree, most likely to rest. It was still day out, and bats were nocturnal creatures. Edric had claimed that Batric would alert them of upcoming dangers though, Hunter hadn't quite believed it. Why should he rely on a bat? He was a trained guard.

Hunter shifted his attention back to Edric, who was now looking at the potion spell book that he had gotten from the library.

Edric hummed, picking up a jar of boysenberries, "It says that I need these for this potion, but they attract scare-coons. Have you ever seen one?"

Hunter shook his head, stepping closer to the Blight, "I haven't seen one, but I know that they're hostile when it comes to feeding. I suggest that you don't open that jar while we're here."

Edric chuckled and stuck out his tongue, "Scare-coons are rarely in this part of the woods, Hun! It'll be fine." The taller male said, opening the jar and throwing a few of the berries into the cauldron, watching at the potion shifted from a jade green to a lavender.

Hunter flinched as Batric's screeches could be heard coming closer to the pair, the bat itself quickly ramming into Edric's chest and forming into a staff as Flapjack did the same. While Edric had a perplexed look spread across his face, the large, booming steps of a beast could be heard closing the distance between whatever it was and the two witches.

Hunter quickly shoved Edric onto the staff bringing to him, which quickly took off despite the Blight demanding to not leave. He knew that Edric wouldn't be able to protect himself against a dangerous beast, even though he was learning beast keeping magic. Edric didn't know how to actually fight. Therefore, his boyfriend could end up getting seriously harmed.

Hunter turned toward the sound of the approaching beast, watching it burst through the trees. Despite it being named a scare-coon, it showed no similarities to a human realm's raccoon. In fact, it appeared to share more similarities with Pac-Man, a human realm video game character that Luz had introduced to him. The scare-coon was a large eye that walked using the abnormally long lower lashes it had. In order to eat or attack, the scare-coon would split horizontally, staying together in the back like a cookie jar. On the inside of the scare-coon's mouth, it had three snake-like tongues, and razor sharp teeth.