It's Late (Goldric)

(I've realized that I don't really stick to POV's, so it's no one's POV. This will also mention an OC of mine, who is named Milo.)

This was suggested to me by a follower on Instagram! Their user is @_.rulerzreachf4n_._

If you wanna possibly give me suggestions, just message me on Instagram! Or reply to my story if I've asked for suggestions! You also get to see my art on there! I'm @_burning_marshmallow_

Hunter quietly stood in the kitchen, patiently waiting for his husband to return home from work. He knew that some days, Edric would have to stay at work later than usual. Oftentimes, his husband stayed behind to help tutor students, talk with parents and work on grading student's work.

Hunter's work didn't call for him to work as much as Edric did, so he was left home to take care of their adopted son quite a bit. Of course, he didn't mind. He absolutely adored their little boy. He loved making dinner for Milo, who almost always tried to ask for sweets as a side. He loved reading books to him to help the small kid get to sleep. He loved playing pretend with the little four year old. He was glad to have such a loving family of his own. It was something that gave him comfort.

Hunter gently took the warm mug of hot chocolate in his hands, lifting it to his mouth and slowly taking a sip as he heard the front door unlock and open, then gently shut behind his husband's familiar, soft footsteps.

Hunter gently set the mug back onto the counter as he watched his husband enter the kitchen, his mess of soft, emerald curls gently swaying back and forth with each step he took. That was another thing that Hunter liked about Edric, the way that he walked. Ed always had this slight sway to his walk, making it look as if he was always dancing around.

Edric quietly made his way over to Hunter, placing a gentle kiss on the now taller male's scarred cheek. In the years that Hunter had returned to the Isles, the blonde had grown to be taller than Edric, who had remained at a solid six foot one. Hunter now stood at a confident six foot two. "Hello, Hun. Sorry I got back so late." The emerald haired man whispered, checking the time on the clock they had set up on the wall, which read 10pm. "I was trying to catch up on grading papers. I didn't mean to fall so far behind- and with the grading period ending soon, I really need to get everything in the gradebook."

Hunter placed a gentle hand on Edric's cheek, placing a soft kiss on his forehead, "You don't need to apologize. I'm just glad that you got through today."

Edric let out a small laugh, a smile spreading across his face, "I need to start spending more time at home though." He replied in a whisper, gently snaking his arms around the blonde's neck, their chests gently pressed against one another. "I want to spend more time with you and Milo."

Hunter hummed, gently cupping Edric's face in his hands, enjoying the softness of his husband's skin. "We can all go on a vacation soon, okay? I'll help you make your sub plans and everything. Would that work?"

Edric nodded, allowing Hunter to hold his face. It used to be something that would make Ed feel incredibly insecure as a teen, but now, he had grown to love himself more and more without the use of a concealment stone. "That sounds nice."

Hunter chuckled, gently scooping up his husband. He was always able to easily pick him up, which was something that Edric particularly loved. Edric was the kind of witch who enjoyed being held, but due to his height, for most of his relationships, no one was able to do so. Not until him and Hunter began to date at least.

Edric happily pressed himself against his husband, a smile spreading across his face. "I love you, Hun."

Hunter pressed a gentle kiss on the tip of Edric's nose, "I love you too, Eddie."

Edric smiled, admiring his husband's features. He loved the gap in Hunter's teeth, which would show when he would smile or laugh. He adored listening to Hunter's voice, which would oftentimes help him get to sleep at night. He loved running his hands through Hunter's soft, blonde hair. He liked tracing his fingertips over Hunter's scars, using it as an excuse to touch his face. Edric just overall adored Hunter.

"Hun?" Edric whispered, inching his face closer to Hunter's.

Hunter hummed, gently setting his husband on the counter and placing his hands on Edric's hips. He was now looking up at Edric, watching as a soft red gently dusted Edric's cheeks. "Yes, my love?"

Edric gently pressed his forehead against Hunter's, gently pushing his loose strand of blonde hair to the side. "You're so handsome... Have I told you that?"

Hunter let out a low chuckle, gently pulling Edric closer to himself, "You have, but it's always nice to hear."

Edric giggled as he began to run a hand through Hunter's hair, pressing his lips against his cheek and gently snaking his other arm around the blonde's neck. "How was your day?"

A smile quickly spread across Hunter's face as he gently rested his head on Edric's shoulder, "My day was good. I love seeing people's faces light up when I give them their newly carved palisman."

Edric nuzzled his face into Hunter's neck, enjoying the warmth that came from that area. "What do you think that Milo's palisman is going to be?"

Hunter hummed, his right hand gently moving from Edric's hips up to his back, rubbing soft circles against his clothed back. "I'm not sure. He's still so young, so he's got plenty of time to figure that out for himself."

Edric nodded, his eyes slowly fluttering shut. He was exhausted from work and Hunter knew that Ed wouldn't admit it.

"Why don't you tell me about your day?" Hunter murmured, gently lifting his husband from the counter and carrying him to their shared bedroom.

Edric yawned, his glasses slipping from the top of his head to over his eyes. He didn't bother to move them back, due to Hunter promptly removing them and setting them onto their bedside table. "My day was great. I helped one of my student's master this illusion spell they've been working on for weeks. The look of joy on his face was so worth the extra hour after class."

Hunter nodded, taking a seat on the bed that they shared and gently setting Edric on his feet in front of him, "Change into your pajamas, Eddie."

Edric hummed, doing as he was told. He was too tired to argue and tell Hunter that he "wasn't tired". His pj's consisted of a soft yellow t-shirt with a bat on the chest and comfy pants which were decorated with patches that Hunter had sewn on. A few of the patches had coven symbols, which were the ones that Edric had studied; Illusions, Potions, and Beastkeeping. Another patch was of the transgender pride flag, and another was the gay man pride flag. The last patch was of two rings interlocked. Hunter had added that one after their wedding.

Edric huffed, essentially throwing himself onto his spot on the bed.

Hunter laughed, gently pulling his tired husband close. "Titan, you're such a dork."

Edric rolled his eyes, sticking out his tongue in response to Hunter. He would sometimes get a little sassy when he was tired.

Hunter hummed, pressing a gentle kiss against Edric's forehead. "Can I get a goodnight kiss before you go to sleep?"

Edric nodded, his eyes only half-open, which showed that he was already on his way to sleeping.

Hunter chuckled, swiftly closing he distance between them. He always loved when he would get to kiss Edric when he was sleepy. Something about it made it feel more- exciting. He loved the softness of Edric's lips against his, it reminded Hunter of how clouds looked.

As Hunter pulled away, he found his husband sound asleep. He felt a smile slowly spread across his face as he pulled the emerald haired man closer to him, pressing a final, gentle kiss against his forehead. "Goodnight, Eddie."

(Final word count- 1403!)

(Thanks for reading!! I hope you enjoyed this! I hope that you all sleep well and have sweet dreams!)