Let's Get Our Life Started (Goldric)

This was suggested to me by @_.rulerzreachf4n_._ on Instagram!

-

While they had simply suggested that they just cuddle, I've decided to add my own spin.

-

If you wanna give me suggestions on Insta, my user is @_burning_marshmallow_

-

This is going to take place about a year after the events in Watching and Dreaming btw, so Ed and Hunter are about 18.

-

-

Hunter took in a slow, deep breath as he hesitantly knocked on the front door of Blight manor. He had a big question to ask Edric, and he had decided that today would be the day he finally asks him. Better now than never, right?

Hunter's gaze shifted to the bouquet of flowers in his hands. He had gotten them from the Human Realm. It was a bouquet of roses, which Edric had once said were absolutely stunning. Tonight had to go by perfectly. He wanted this to be memorable.

Hunter's attention quickly shifted to the door as he heard the familiar, rushed, yet soft footsteps of his boyfriend approaching. He took in a sharp breath as the door opened, revealing Edric standing there with a big smile on his face.

Hunter had grown a lot in the year that had passed. He now stood at an inch taller than the emerald haired man standing before him.

Edric giggled, taking in his boyfriend's appearance for the night. Hunter seemed to have tried to tame his hair, yet the signature strand in front still sat there. He also wore a black suit with a white button-up underneath the blazer.

"You look handsome as ever." Edric hummed, placing a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's cheek.

Hunter chuckled, a soft pink dusting his cheeks as he handed the delicate bouquet to the now shorter male. "So do you." He complimented back, taking in Edric's appearance. He loved how Edric had finally stopped using his concealment stone, allowing his natural dorky look to shine through instead of the snobby appearance he had to keep up for years. Edric's hair now laid in messy curls, perfectly cupping his face. He still wore his rectangular glasses, which were still cracked in the corner from when he fell down the well. Hunter had also noted that Edric had worn a teal green blazer paired with black jeans and a white button-up.

Edric gently held the bouquet in his hands, his eyes glowing in admiration for the beautiful red flowers. "Aww, Hunter! These are beautiful- thank you." Edric dipped his head, hiding the red spreading on his cheeks. "Let me put these in a vase." He said, his voice now softer than before. He always got that way when receiving gifts.

Hunter watched as Edric hurried off to put the flowers in safe place. He reached into his pocket, holding the little box gently in his hand. He couldn't wait to ask Edric to be his husband. Was he nervous? Absolutely. Was this worth it? He thought so. He never wanted to lose Edric. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with this man. He was sure about that.

Edric came back to the door, stepping out and shutting it behind him. He had his usual smile on his face, looking up at the blonde. "So, what do you have planned out for tonight, Hun?"

Hunter gently took Edric's hand in his, enjoying the soft texture and small size of Ed's hand compared to his own. "Well, after we eat, I planned to take you somewhere special for a surprise."

To this, Edric's ears perked up, his eyes lighting with curiosity, "A surprise?"

Hunter nodded, staring to lead the emerald haired male toward the restaurant. "Uh-huh. No hints though, because you always end up figuring it out when I give you a hint."

Edric giggled, tracing a soft circle on Hunter's hand with his thumb. "You just suck at giving hints."

Hunter scoffed, placing a kiss on Edric's forehead, "Oh, be quiet, shortie."

Edric gasped, putting on his usual melodramatic act, leaning on Hunter as if that had hurt him. "Oh, my beloved has insulted me! How shall I ever recover?"

Hunter laughed, scooping Edric in his arms. He quite enjoyed holding Edric in his arms, it was comforting to know that he was safe in his arms.

Edric laughed alongside Hunter, wrapping his arms around the blonde's neck. He liked it when Hunter held him. He felt safe in his boyfriend's muscular arms.

-

-

(Skipping when they eat, bc that's boring)

-

-

Hunter had taken Edric to a small clearing in the woods, which held a pond near the edge of it. The water was obviously boiling, but it provided the clearing some warmth for the cold night.

Edric currently sat at the edge of said pond, looking at the stars in the sky. He had always liked stars. He didn't know constellations or anything like that, he simply just enjoyed the beauty they held.

Hunter was beside Edric, admiring his (hopefully) soon-to-be-fiancé. He loved staring into Edric's golden eyes, which could be stars themselves. He loved Edric's mole underneath his eye. He loved Edric's naturally squishy cheeks. He loved anything and everything about Ed.

Edric gasped, grabbing Hunter's sleeve and pointing to the sky, his smile somehow becoming even bigger. "Hun! It's a shooting star! Make a wish!"

Hunter chuckled, watching as Edric tightly shut his eyes, holding his breath. He took this as his chance to silently rise from the spot he sat, moving behind Edric as he took the ring box from his pocket. After a moment, Hunter heard Edric release the breath he held with a giggle.

"Do you wanna know what I wished for?" Hunter hummed, holding the box behind his back.

Edric turned toward Hunter, rising to his feet and nodding eagerly, "Yeah! Tell me!"

Hunter slowly took in a deep breath, "Well, I wished for a happy future. But, in order for my wish to come true, I need you to stay in my life. So, Edric Bight..." Hunter got down on one knee, holding the opened ring box in front of himself. He kept his gaze fixed on Edric, a crooked smile spreading across his face. "Will you help me fulfill this wish?"

Hunter watched as a bright red quickly spread across the paler man's face, his mouth left agape.

Edric took in a sharp breath as what Hunter had asked finally processed in his mind. "You mean it?" He whispered, the paranoid part of his mind needed some reassurance.

Hunter chuckled, a soft red dusting his cheeks, "Eddie, of course I am. You make me happy, and I honestly can't imagine myself growing old without you."

A smile slowly spread across Edric's face before he broke out laughing, happily tackling Hunter to the ground and attacking his face with messy kisses, which made Hunter laugh with him.

"Is that a yes?" Hunter chuckled, taking Edric's hands in his.

Edric giggled, "Uh, duh!" He teased, kissing his now fiancé's cheek.

Hunter laughed, gently slipping the ring onto Edric's finger and pulling him close. "So, we're staying together till the end?"

Edric nodded, gently resting his head on the blonde's chest. "Forever."

Hunter chuckled, running his hand through Ed's curly locks of emerald hair.

They laid there for hours, in utter silence. They simply just enjoyed each other's company, cuddling and enjoying the night out.

-
-
Final word count- 1232 words.
-
-
Lemme know if I made any mistakes! It's currently 4 in the morning for me, so, y'know. Lol,
-
-
Anyways! Hope you enjoyed reading! Sleep well! Sweet dreams! Love ya, stranger. <3