Jealousy (Goldric)

(Final word count- 1639)

(Willow's POV)

Willow had a big smile on her face, she had grown quite close to Hunter, and even developed feelings for the blonde. She adored the authority he had, his strength, and so much more. She had decided that today would be the day where she asked him on a date! She had planned everything out, if he agreed. She would take him to a restaurant where you could eat outside, and then they'd walk around Bonesborough, eventually going to her house to cuddle for the remainder of the night.

Hunter had been attending Hexside for a few months, and she decided that lunchtime would be a good time to ask him. She knew that he hung out with Gus or the Blight twins during that time, so she'd just have to find where they were. The Blight twins oftentimes wandered the halls, while Gus stayed in the lunchroom.

Actually, now that she thought about it, Hunter didn't really spend time with both twins. He was around Edric more than Emira. She had also noted that sometimes Edric seemed quite affectionate toward Hunter. Of course, Edric was just an eccentric guy. He had a lot of strange habits that Willow knew of, due to her friendship with Amity.

Willow shrugged off her thoughts, gathering her things and leaving her house, waving goodbye to her dads as she got onto her staff, flying to Hexside. She just needed to mentally prepare herself now, although she was confident that Hunter liked her back!

(Time Skip; lunchtime. Now in Edric's POV)

Edric sat beside Hunter in the auditorium. Neither of them had wanted to eat lunch that day, so they had decided to hang out on stage together! Edric was a massive theatre kid, so he was rambling on and on about a current play that his theatre class was working on. Edric hadn't gotten the main role, but he was the understudy for that role! He was a great actor, according to Hunter.

Edric gently leaned on Hunter, resting his head on the shorter male's shoulder. "So, what's up with your classes?"

Hunter smiled, "Well, I'm doing quite well in all of my classes. Nothing as fun as your theater stuff, but I've managed to keep straight A's."

Edric giggled, his gaze shifting to the blonde's face. He loved every little detail of Hunter. The way his eyes were a beautiful magenta, appearing red when the sun hits them just right. The adorable gap in his teeth, occasionally causing a whistle when the shorter male would breathe. The way Edric could see his muscles, despite the uniform being slightly too big for the blonde. He loved everything about Hunter. Hearing his voice was his favorite though. Hunter's voice reminded him of ice scream on a particularly hot day in Bonesborough, although Edric technically can't have ice scream because of the dairy, but Ed had never cared for his allergy much.

"I'm actually kinda failing my potions class- and since you're studying that one, uhm... could you help me study for the next test?-" Edric sputtered out, a light pink dusting his cheeks. He honestly just wanted to spend more time with Hunter, he wasn't failing his class.

Hunter chuckled and gently nudged the emerald haired boy, "Of course. Just drop by the owl house later tonight."

Edric smiled and gave a nod as the auditorium's door opened, a familiar shorter girl with green hair stepping inside.

Willow giggled and walked to the stage, standing in front of Hunter with a big smile on her face. "Hunter! Hey, I have a question."

Edric blinked and shifted to the side slightly, creating a bit of distance between him and Hunter. He had suspected that Willow liked Hunter and while he hoped it wasn't true, there wasn't much he could do. He had feelings for the former guard, yeah. But if Willow liked him, it was a more likely relationship than him and Hunter. Despite that- it still made him feel upset inside.