Angel Eyes

First person pov:
We finally pulled up to the front steps of the "great academy" that I'm being shipped off to. At first glance there was much to look at. It was a great tall building that was in desperate need of a lawn trim. The walls were old stone with gray and brown colors throughout. Vines ran up the sides of the building with beautiful little light purple flowers growing out of them. Steps led up to the front doors with lanterns on both sides of the rails. It truly was a beautiful place to behold.

"Y/n stop standing there and get your stuff out of the car", yelled my mother. "Oh yeah, sorry", I said in reply. "My what an ugly thing. They couldn't even bother to fix up the place. Hopefully there's something on the inside that'll make up for the outside", said mother in nasty remark.

We walked up the steps and was immediately greeted by an auburn haired woman with glasses. She had such an infectious smile and was absolutely beautiful. Her lips were small and a little lopsided which I thought was kinda cute.

"Hello, you all must be the y/l/n family. Correct?" greeted the woman. "Yes, I am y/m/n, this my husband y/f/n, and this is our daughter y/n", replied mother. "Well it is very nice to meet you all! My name is Professor Thornhill. I am the botany teacher here at Nevermore. Please follow me, I'll be taking you to the Principals office to get settled in."

We followed the professor down a wide hallway with paintings of war scenes, people dressed in Victorian era clothing, and some modern day landscape. My eyes lit up in awe at all the furnishings and decorations around the place. There were so many things to look at, I couldn't pick one thing. My bewilderment came to end and panic set in once we reached a big wooden door with a plaque that read "Principal Weems" on it. Miss Thornhill knocked on door and proceeded to enter to room with us following suit.

As we entered the room, my eyes immediately fell to a beautiful platinum blonde haired woman. She stood from her desk and by god did my jaw drop to the floor. She stood at what had to be at least 6ft tall. Her lips were painted a beautiful deep shade of red, same color as her nails.

She made her way around the desk to greet us. "Hello, I'm Principal Weems the headmistress of the school. You all must be the y/l/n family, yes?" said the tall blonde shaking each of our hands. "Yes we are. It's so nice to finally meet you Mrs. Weems."

"Oh I'm sorry it's Miss not Mrs. I'm not married and please call me Larissa. Please have a seat." She said pointing to the chairs in front of her desk. "Marilyn thank you for the showing the family to my office. You may go now." The redhead nodded her head in agreement and said her goodbyes to each of us.

We made our way to the chairs my parents sat on either side of me while I sat in the middle. I was incredibly nervous to be right in front of the headmistress. I started fidgeting with fingers in hopes of trying to calm me down, but of course it didn't work.

She sat down at her desk looking over my file. I wonder what the other schools had to say about me. Not that I was a trouble maker or anything, but I did have a few confrontations here and there that required a trip to the principals office. It has been hard for me to fit in and make friends with others because I have to hide who I am. Hopefully that's not the case here.

"I see you've attended three schools in the past year, Miss y/l/n. But your grades seem to be phenomenal." It felt nice to hear her say that about me. It made me smile, something I haven't done in a long time. "I've spoken to the board about your transfer over and we deem a perfect fit for our academy." She looked straight at me as she said and lord she had the most beautiful set of blue eyes I've ever seen.

The light from the outside made shine brighter than any star in the sky. They looked like two crystal clear pools of water from the sky above. I started feel a weird sensation in my stomach when I looked at her. Every thing around me seemed to have stopped.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mother pinching my side. "Ow! I- uh- I'm sorry what did you say?"

Her face looked concerned then a little giggle escaped her as I stuttered. "Hm, it's quite alright dear. I just asked you what special interests do you have?"

I took a second to gather my thoughts then proceed with, "Well I do like being active in sports and art. Art is kind of a hobby for me. I sketch in my notebook from time to time and I've always enjoyed being active when I can."

She looked at me with such intent and admiration as I spoke. It made my heart flutter a bit to see that she was actually interested in what I had to say.

"My my it seems we have a little something in common Miss y/l/n." I tilted my head with a questioning look. "And what would that be Principal Weems?" I said with raised brow and smile. "I too have an interest in art. I used to draw as well paint. I'm actually the teacher for the art class we offer here. It's an extracurricular activity that you can add to your schedule if you'd like."

My face lit up in excitement to learn that I'll be able to have my art class here and she's going to be my teacher for it. "That sounds great Miss Weems thank you for letting me know!"

"Of course dear. Now that's settled, why don't I show you to your room? Lucky for you since you're older and enrolled later than most, you get a dorm to yourself." A huge wave of relief hit me as she said this. It's not that I'm antisocial or anything, I just prefer privacy in my own sleeping space.

The gods were on my side today

A/N: I hope this wasn't as bad as I think it is😭 anyways leave anything else you might want to see. Happy reading<33