six

flashback to the school year

it was a long day at school, but thankfully it was friday, and the week was over. the bell rang, and i packed my binder into my black backpack and headed out the classroom door. my best friend maggie was waiting against the lockers for me. we walked side by side as i pulled my phone from my pocket. i checked my notifications, and i had a snapchat from jeremiah fisher. i opened it and replied. we sent photos back and forth all day long, every day. we had a 972 day streak.

maggie and i reached the parking lot, and i got into the passenger seat of her white suv.

"there's a party tonight; want to go?" she asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

i nodded, "yeah, sure. sounds like fun."

"great!" she said. "let's grab your stuff, and you can get ready at my house."

we stopped by my house, and i grabbed some clothes and makeup before running back to maggie's car. on the drive to maggie's, my phone rang. it was jeremiah.

"hey, jere, what's up," i said as i answered the phone.

"hey, i just wanted to let you know con has a game tonight at seven if you want to live stream it. i can send you the link," he said.

"oh, um, mags and i are going to a party tonight. if we haven't left by then, i will watch!" i said back.

"sounds good, rosie. have fun tonight!"

"thanks!" and i hung up the phone.

maggie and i got ready, we blasted 2000s music and did our hair and makeup. it was my favourite part about parties. i loved the time with friends before actually going. it's what made it all worth it. it took us hours to get ready. by the time we were done and ready to leave, it was just after conrad's game would have started. i decided to miss this one game.

maggie and i did some shots before we headed to the house the party was at.

once we arrived, the house was packed. music was thumping from the home, and people were all over. when we went inside, i recognized most of the people from school. a couple of guys came up and said hello. i never really saw any of them as attractive.

maggie went to get me a drink. when she was gone, a guy came up to me. he was tall, with blonde hair, and green eyes.

"hey, i'm tyler," he said, leaning against the stair railing.

"i'm rosie," i replied, smiling at him.

"i haven't seen you around before," he said.

i laughed, "yeah, i don't go out too much."

maggie came back with a red solo cup for me. i took a sip: rum and coke.