nine

it was the fourth of july, the one holiday all the dads came to cousins, and we hung out as one big happy group of families.

i woke up and threw on a pair of dark wash jean shorts and a red and white top. they were the clothes closest to looking like the american flag i owned. everyone tried to dress up festive.

i was excited and nervous to see jeremiah today after our conversation.

i headed downstairs, and susannah was decorating the kitchen and back deck for a holiday. it was eleven in the morning, and everyone was getting out of bed. susannah had a cake in the oven, and the house smelled amazing.

not long after, the doorbell rang, and jeremiah and conrad's dad came inside. jeremiah got excited, hugging him. conrad looked taken aback and didn't say much to his father at all. he made eye contact with me before walking out of the kitchen.

we all went upstairs to find him looking out the window to the front driveway. the five of us watched as belly's father pulled into the driveway, and his new girlfriend crawled out of the passenger seat.

"she's hot." conrad said.

i looked up at him in disgust and smacked his arm. he looked down at me and playfully rolled his eyes.

we went downstairs and got introduced to victoria. i heard my dad outside and went to go see him.

my dad and mom had a divorce a few months ago. i was taken aback when i saw he also had a new woman, alison. he introduced me to her. she was 22. she had short red hair and fair skin covered in freckles. she was five years older than i was. i turned around and walked back inside disgusted.

the four were sitting around the island, all sipping on a drink. i grabbed the glass in front of jeremiah.

"does this have alcohol in it?" i asked quickly before taking a big sip.

he laughed, "yeah and help yourself."

"i'm going to take it you didn't know daddy had a new woman?" steven asked me.

i shook my head, conrad pouring me my own glass of the pink drink from the blender. i smiled as i took it, quickly downing it.

"woah woah woah, slow down," jeremiah said, trying to grab the glass from my hand.

i shook my head.

"well, if rosie's gonna be drinking heavily, we all should be drinking heavily," conrad said, grabbing the bottle of patron from the other counter. he poured shots for us all, including belly, and we all drank several.

i sat on the boat with belly, nicole, shayla, and gigi. the girls all talked, and i listened to their conversations, not having much to say.

i looked up and saw cameron heading up the dock with a water bottle. he handed the bottle to belly, who was drunk. we were all drunk, but she for sure was further gone than the rest of us were.

as cameron tried to get belly to get off the boat, she spoke to shayla, "and for the record, my brother is an idiot. he loves you."

"w-what?" shayla asked.

belly stumbled into cameron, "yeah, him and taylor meant nothing, i swear to you."

my jaw dropped as this was the first i heard about steven and taylor.

"okay, we are going," cameron said, pulling belly down the dock.

shayla turned and looked at me, "did you know about this?"

i shook my head, "no, i swear. i hardly even talk to steven. i had no idea."

shayla nodded, and her nicole and gigi got up to go home. shayla wanted to be away from where steven was after hearing about his hook-up with taylor, and i couldn't blame her. i wouldn't want to be near him either.

i said goodbye to the girls and headed inside to my room. i lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. i was feeling the alcohol. my mind wandered to jeremiah. all i wanted was for him to come through the door. i wanted to see him and hold him.

a few minutes later, i heard a knock on my door, i tilted my head over and saw jeremiah come into the room. i smiled, happy the world responded to my thoughts.

"hey, pretty lady," he said, sitting down next to me. he handed me another margarita.

"hey." i smiled at him, taking a sip.

his hand found mine, and his fingers intertwined with mine. i looked into his blue eyes. they were the most beautiful eyes i had ever seen. he took the margarita from my hand and set it on my bedside table before leaning in and kissing me. i felt my heart skip a beat as his lips touched mine. the kisses started gently before becoming more passionate.

i ended up straddling jeremiah as his hands found my waist. they explored my body as our kisses deepened.

jeremiah held me close to him. his finger played with the waistband of my shorts. i undid the buttons.

"are you sure?" he asked. "we don't have to do this tonight if you don't want to."

i smiled, "i'm sure."

i knew exactly what he was referring to, and i was grateful that he cared.

i lifted his white t-shirt above his head, revealing his muscular abdomen. he lifted my shirt off next, my black lace bralette the only thing left on my upper body.

we went back to kissing each other until he helped me slip my shorts off.

that night i had lost it to jeremiah fisher.

instagram

liked by jerefisher, stevieconklin, magsmartina, and 193 others

caption: 🥤@jerefisher

comments:

jerefisher: my pretty girl ❤️‍🔥

reply : @jerefisher 🥰🥰

isabelconklin: vibes