eleven

belly, steven, laurel, my mother and i all sat on belly's bed while laurel told everyone the news about susannah. belly, and steven started sobbing. laurel and my mom held back their tears. a few years flipped down my face, but not many as i had already cried earlier with jeremiah.

i excused myself from the room and went to my own room, as i would instead soak in the information on my own. i would rather soak in the thought of possibly not having susannah next summer alone.

———————-

it was the last day of summer, and the news of susannah weighed heavy on everyone's minds. i got a text on my phone from belly. she was trying to get everyone outside to the beach to spend one last day all together. i changed into a black bikini and threw on some black shorts and a black top over it. i grabbed a towel off of my desk chair and headed out to the hallway. jeremiah and conrad were standing there waiting for me.

i smiled at them, and we headed downstairs. jeremiah wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and i smiled at him. as we went through the kitchen toward the back door, conrad grabbed the bottle of tequila from the counter, slipping it under his towel.

we found belly on the beach with steven waiting for us all to get out there.

"i wanted to spend one more day together before the summer ends. i didn't want us all sad alone in our rooms. one last day before things might change."

we all shook our heads in agreement, and conrad popped open the bottle of tequila, and we started drinking.

jeremiah blue-toothed his phone to his speaker and played music for us all.

we all drank and reminisced on the summers before, leading up to this summer. the afternoon was filled with laughter and joy. i took in everyone's presence, not wanting to forget this moment.

as i'm good by david guetta started playing from the speaker; we all got up and started dancing. the five of us were all drunk by noon. we danced around kicking sand up, having a great time on our last day. i jumped around with belly. jeremiah twirled me around, dipping me. he almost dropped me into the sand, which made everyone laugh.

i never wanted this moment to end, everyone was happy, and everyone was dancing. it was a moment for the books.

as everyone lay in the sun, jeremiah and i went for a walk down the beach.

"rosie," he said, stopping and turning toward me and taking my hands.

"jere," i replied, making eye contact with him.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, making eye contact with me.

i smiled, nodding my head quickly. "yes!"

he smiled back, his lips meeting mine.

"this year's thanksgiving, christmas, and easter break, i'm going to drive and see you," he said, holding my hands tightly.

i smiled at what he said, "jere new york is quite a few hours away from you."

he laughed, "it's worth it if i get to see you."

i hugged him.

this summer had gone almost perfectly. everything worked out, everyone ended on a happy note. i was sad to be leaving the next day, but i was happy that i was going to see jeremiah during the year. suppose it gave me something to look forward to in between this summer and next summer. i already couldn't wait to be back in the beach house with my people.

instagram

liked by stevieconklin, jerefisher, conradfisher, and 199 others

caption: 🪢🪢 @jerefisher @stevieconklin @conradfisher @isabelconklin

comments:

stevieconklin: family frfr

reply: @stevieconklin: frfr

conradfisher: 👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

jerefisher: ❤️❤️

isabelconklin: 🥰👨‍👩‍👧‍👧