Chapter 9.-Family issues

"Nice house" Billy observed as he and Andi sat across from Celia in the dining room.

"Thanks Billy" Celia said smiling. "I've lived here my entire life"

"Did you forget when you and Pops wanted to sell the house including my shack?" Andi reminded Celia.

"What's wrong with living here?" Billy wanted to know curiously. "I think it's a cool neighborhood, Andi Shack is awesome and the house is fine"

"Well, at first we thought we'd sell it" Ham said, walking out of the kitchen with a tray full of dumplings and walking into the dining room. "We were thinking of going on a trio for a while and going to live in a smaller place" He placed the tray in the center of the table and sat down. "Now that Andi and Bex moved out we have plenty of space"

"But in the end we decided not to" Celia said. "Andi changed our minds and Ham and I know we were going to regret our choice at the end"

"And also you guys have so many memories to cherish here" Andi replied. "Like on Fridays when we sit down to watch movies"

""Andi was dancing in her old bedroom with loud music and Celia joined her dancing" They all laughed.

"Are you serious?" Billy said surprised. "You dance?"

"I want to know that I'm not doing anything wrong," Celia said as they all took their chopsticks to eat. "I've been taking lessons"

"The truth is that Cece is a really good dancer," Andi said. "My mom and I went to one of her classes and it was amazing" She skipped the awkward moment where after her dance class, she, Bex and Celia headed to the Spoon for lunch when they saw Jonah with Natalie.

"I would've liked to see that," Billy replied. "I'm really not very good at dancing, the little I've learned is the hand movements in Tik Tok"

"What is Tik Tok?" Celia frowned.

"It's a social media Cece" Andi explains to her grandmother. "You upload videos of dancing or whatever you want and people give you likes and comments like Facepage or Insta Pic"

"These youngsters today and your obsession with technology" Ham quipped. "I only have Facepage and that's where Bowie saw the photos of Andi that I posted"

"i'm sorry but technology is not my thing" Celia said. "I prefer my dance lessons or spending time with my plants"

"Well, what are we waiting for? We have to eat the dumplings before they get cold" Ham pointed out enthusiastically as he took a dumpling with his chopsticks and put it in his mouth.

"Wait!" Billy stopped him short, preventing Andi's grandfather from swallowing the dumpling and it fell back on the plate.

"What's wrong Billy?" Andi asked, looking at him strangely.

"We're not supposed to eat the dumplings," Billy replied. "They are a sacred offering for your ancestors"

"You didn't forget," Andi exclaimed in surprise.

"Well you told me," Billy reminded her. "And unlike Jonah, I do want to make a good impression with your grandparents" he added sheepishly.

""Don't worry, you're already putting in a lot of effort" Celia assured the teenager with a sincere smile. "And you have nothing to worry about, Chinese New Year is over so these dumplings can be eaten without problem" Billy sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness" Billy whispered and finally everyone began to eat the dumplings.

"Hey, how about we make the lunch more interesting?" Ham proposed looking at his wife, granddaughter and guest.