Chapter 5 - The visitor

"I have to go" Y/N's voice was choked and cold.

"Let me walk you ho-"

"NO!" Y/N turned to Ominis violently. "You've done enough". Y/N knew it was unfair, Ominis couldn't have known about her situation and deep down she had even been happy to see him. Why else would she have given in to his seduction. There was something odd about the whole thing.

Y/N left the bathroom and cast disillusionment charm on herself to sneak past her friends who had no problem entertaining themselves already. She reached down to the first floor and left through the crooked door that she came in a few hours prior.

It was dark out now. She merged out to the main street that was unnervingly quiet. A few distant drunken hollers could be heard from a few blocks down. She started pacing down in the direction of her apartment when her attention was caught on something in an alley across from her. A cloaked figure was hiding in the shadows, looking directly at her. Y/N squinted to get a closer look, it was dark enough that her eyes could just be playing tricks on her.

Probably just some muggle creep, best not to get involved. She continued on. She finally arrived at her apartment and started fishing her key out of her pocket when she felt like she was being watched again. She turned around. The same cloaked figure was now standing just across the street from her. He was not trying to hide in an alley this time. The dark opening of the hood was pointing directly to her. Y/N felt a shiver run down her spine as the blood rushed to her head and she fumbled for her key, eyes not leaving the stranger.

She finally locked herself in the apartment, shutting the door behind her and putting on the bonus locks on the door. Fuck... Was her mind playing tricks on her again? She was just about to walk to her bedroom before she was interrupted by a knock on the door. The blood froze in her veins.

"Who is it?" Y/N said shakingly, finding herself annoyed that she was nervously answering her own front door for the second time in less than a day.

"It's me. Can I come in?"

Ominis...

Y/N opened the door.

"You're well off sending me nothing but owls for 8 years and now you force an intervention with me twice in one night, care to explain this sudden attachment to me?" She felt herself feeling slightly relieved, though her voice spoke irritably.

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone tonight, y/n. May I please come in?" Ominis sounded genuinely concerned.

"I am fine, I don't need a babysitter..." Y/N tried to stay strong. But she could feel the pull towards not spending another night alone with her nightmares. And she could trust Ominis, she thought.

"Then allow me to rephrase. I need a place to stay, so please may I borrow your couch?" Ominis slightly bowed his head as if speaking to her with some formal gesture.

Y/N knew damn well that the ministry always fixes sleeping quarters for their employees on their travels. Both business and pleasure. And Ominis knew damn well that she knew.

"Fine... From the goodness of my heart. You may stay, but leave first thing in the morning!" Y/N smirked at her old friend, who smiled gently back with a single nod.

Y/N let in the wizard, she peeked out the door to glance for the hooded figure who now seemed to have evaporated. Just in case she put both locks back on the door when she closed it behind her.

"You can have my bed if you'd like" Y/N said out of pure politeness

Ominis scoffed lightly at her remark. "You know me better than not being a gentleman, y/n, I will gladly take the couch."