Chapter 16 - The Undercroft

Y/N was surprised to find herself entering the Hogwarts grounds so easily. She would have thought that they had put up a protection charm on the caste, seeing as she was considered a dangerous criminal. She scoffed lightly at the absurdity.

The new headmaster, Professor Weasley, and Y/N used to be close during her time at Hogwarts. And even more so, after Professor Figs died. Weasley had then taken it upon herself to mentor Y/N in her learning, the same way Fig once had. They stayed in touch from time to time and for a while after Y/N finished school, but hadn't spoken in the last 2 years. After she became headmaster, she was far too busy with her current students as well as running the school.

Y/N sighed. She must be so disappointed in me. Just like Fig was before he died, when I consumed the power. Y/N could feel her throat tighten at the memory and she shook herself back to the present.

During her time at Hogwarts, Y/N had become exceptionally skilled at evading prefects and other authorities with the disillusionment charm that Sebastian taught her. It was a relief to see that her skills remained intact after all these years as she evaded her way through the nightlit halls of her old school. She made her way to the defense against the dark arts tower, where she navigated her way to the old clock structure behind the staircase to the defense against the dark arts classroom.

The undercroft was completely identical to how Ominis and her left it in their 7th year. They did not use it as much as they used to when Sebastian was sent to Azkaban, but after Y/N found out it was Ominis and Anne who had turned him in, she completely avoided the secret room altogether. Instead, she spent an unyielding amount of time in her room of requirement.

As she traced slowly through the old room filled with both good and haunting memories Y/N could not help but to tear up a little. I can't believe no one has been here since...

A churn of chimes and cogwheels sounded as the door to the undercroft opened again, interrupting Y/N in her nostalgia. She quickly hid behind one of the massive pillars as she readied herself to spy on the perpetrator who just entered the secret room after her.

The gate opened, but Y/N could not see anyone enter. She stood there, peaking carefully behind the pillar. «What the...» She whispered to herself, squinting her eyes as to see clearer. That's when she noticed the faint trick of the light in front of her. It looked like... Someone covered by a disillusionment charm...

The mysterious figure unveiled themselves and was revealed as a tall, cloaked man. Similar to the one who had followed her in Edinburgh, who had turned out to be... Wait a damn minute.

As fury completely conquered her sense of reason, she lunged at the man in front of her with rage burning through her eyes.

Ominis POV

«Y/N, I'm back»

No answer.

«Y/N?»

Ominis entered his apartment in London with a paper bag containing a bottle of red wine and some light food. The night had settled outside and the moonlight cast a moody light through the windows. He placed the paper bag down on the kitchen counter and took off his coat before he went into the bedroom to check if Y/N was fast asleep. He traced his hands over the empty bed where he had hoped to find her. His heart dropped slightly as he fumbled after her with no luck.

Ominis furrowed his brows in concern and noticed how his heart began pacing faster as he went from the bedroom to the bathroom. «Y/N?...»

Still no answer.

Now slightly panicked he paced out to the living room quickly, thinking she may have fallen asleep with a book in hand. Ominis traced his hands over the velvet couches, also empty. He felt a lump form in his throat. Where was she? Did someone take her?

Fear spread through his chest like a stampede of centaurs and he put his hands to his temples in frustration.

Ominis, think. If someone had taken her you would have known by now. Unless, Sebastian found out where she was. No... No he couldn't have taken her against her will, he possessed the blood pact chain.

Ominis jolted his head up as he realized. The blood pact. He walked over to the bookshelf and traced his fingers over the bindings until he reached the spot where Vows of the Dark Arts should have been, but now just possessed an empty gap. He soon realized the assumption Y/N must have made from the missing pages and felt his heart sink to his stomach, fearing that he had lost her once again. This time for good.

—-

Back to the main POV

In a fit of rage Y/N had lunged towards the cloaked figure in front of her in the undercroft. As her body crashed with his, her fists locked at his collar and knocked them both to the floor. The hood of the man slipped back, revealing his identity.

Sebastian.

«YOU FILTHY PIECE OF GOBLINSHIT! YOU MONGREL! YOU FIEND! YOU- YOU!» Y/N spat at his face as she lay on top of him, clutching his cloak with fury burning in her voice.

Sebastian looked completely baffled as he had been knocked to the ground in surprise. He looked at Y/N, his eyes wide in fear as she huffed on top of him almost foaming at the mouth. As soon as his the brutal welcome settled on him, his eyes softened at the enraged witch above him.

The audacity this man had to then lean in to try and kiss her sent Y/N into another spiral as she lifted his back and slammed it back into the stone floor with a blunt thud. Sebastian let out a small cough as a smile formed around his mouth and he chuckled. «Bloody hell, Y/N, when did you get this strong?»

Y/N's face frowned upon him as she released one of her hands from the clutch, only to raise her fist upwards and send it flying into Sebastian's jaw. Another scoff sounded from Sebastian's mouth as the punch sent his face turning in the other direction, almost hitting the floor. «Are you finished?!» He shouted firmly, slowly trying to sit up as Y/N charged another punch.

Before Y/N could descend her fist down to his face again, Sebastian grabbed her clenched hand and cupped it in his palms. His hands were so big that he held onto her fist like a peach. And even though she had just displayed an unknown amount of strength, he barely had to struggle to keep her punch at bay.

Y/N, however, was not done. She started slamming her other hand into his chest, screaming at him in rage as he grabbed her free hand by the wrist, now having both her hands locked in his grasp. «FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!» She screamed from the top of her lungs as spit flew from her mouth, veins bulging in her neck. Sebastian didn't say a word. He just looked at her through furrowed brows and with a face full of remorse as he held her firmly. Her screams slowly deafened and were replaced with cries that turned into suffocated sobs.

Y/N heaved her breath between her sobs as she finally stopped fighting and collapsed her head on top of Sebastian's chest, sobbing deeply into his shirt. Sebastian released his grasp on her and wrapped his arms around her, running his hands carefully over the back of her head. «Shh, Y/N» he whispered through a cracked voice, as tears welled up in his eyes as well.