chapter 2: come out

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

You couldn't say she was bored, she never was. Na'veya always found something to do in the forest.

Lounging on a large branch, she sighed. What to eat for dinner tonight? She yawned, her head leaning against the tree. It was a little lame, alright.

That all changed when she suddenly heard a couple of men talk. It was English, she knew that well. After spying on so many Sky People and Dreamwalkers, she knew exactly what that cursed language sounds like.

She slowly hid behind the trunk of the tree as she looked down on them from above. Curious, she hadn't seen Dreamwalkers in ages. Years, to be exact.

It caught her attention immediately, knowing this wasn't a good sign. However, she didn't necessarily understand them. She hadn't come in contact with them enough to actually learn the language.

As they left her view, she jumped on the ground. She placed her hand down on the moist dirt, trying to track their footsteps. She had a slight idea of where they were going.

While she was tracking them, she couldn't help but feel other footsteps on the other side. Lighter ones. They were Na'vi. Na'veya frowned, these weren't just any Na'vi. These were children. What were they doing getting so close to the Dreamwalkers?

Eclipse came close, Na'veya could already see the moon. Shit.

She wasn't necessarily a hero. Especially not to the Na'vi. She didn't save people. But these were just children, she had to step in.

Na'veya walked the route the Dreamwalkers walked to get as close to them as possible. As she could hear their voices, she climbed up a tree so she had the perfect view of them.

They already had the Na'vi children in their grip, holding them by their queues.

Na'veya got heated up. She hated injustice. They didn't do anything wrong.

Just as she took her bow off her back and wielded it, she noticed a face she swore she'd seen before.

He was beautiful.

Na'veya's eyebrows quirked up as her eyes grew slightly bigger. It was the boy she'd seen in the forest that day. What were the odds?

Suddenly, a sound echoed through the trees. All of the children's ears shot up. They looked around them, searching for where it came from.

The Dreamwalkers had no idea, they thought it was an animal.

Na'veya would occasionally make such a noise to distract them as well. She knew it wasn't an animal, it was a person.

It came from behind a tree right across from her. Na'veya frowned, trying to get a better look at it when the person behind the tree finally appeared. It was a woman. She shot someone right in the head, moving behind the tree again as his body fell to the ground. Her arrows had green feathers at the back of them.

When the man looked at her arrow, he seemed terrified. A large amount of fear crippled inside of him.

Wait until he sees mine, Na'veya thought.

Rain had started pouring from the sky, which made this whole fiasco a lot more fun according to Na'veya.

The woman yelled as the boy suddenly let some sort of smoke bombs go off, biting the man that was holding him in his arm. Na'veya noticed how the other children copied him, finally freeing themselves.

Na'veya pulled the arrow back once again, shooting the person that was formerly holding onto a taller girl.

The boy looked at the arrow as he saw the body fall down. He frowned. He knew he'd seen that arrow before, but where? The people in his village used to warn him about the black feathered arrows, he never knew why. But he knew he'd seen them before.

When his mother looked down at the arrow, she was mortified. Anger grew inside of her, ready to put and end to the Na'vi killing traitor.

The boy was looking around, seeing if he could find her face through the cracks of the tree branches.

Na'veya jumped down, shooting another Dreamwalker right in front of her nose.

The boy turned around, meeting eyes with her. She looked immaculate in this lighting. She was holding her bow, showing she'd just shot someone. He blinked a few times. Is this real? This isn't just a dream? He'd dreamt about her nearly every week. Not knowing who she was was eating him up inside. Now he could finally figure out who his mystery girl was.

But that feeling disappeared when his sister pulled him away, running to the opposite side of her.

Shaking the feeling she had off, Na'veya looked to the side where a Dreamwalker pointed, what she'd overheard to be a gun, to her. Two can play that game. She swiftly dodged some bullets by rolling to the side on the wet ground. She got up again, aiming at him with her bow and shooting the man right in his eye socket. When she heard gunshots behind her, she quickly climbed up the tree she just hid in.

'Little girl! Come out, come out, wherever you are!' He was looking around, trying to find the hidden girl.

Na'veya smirked, she saw how the family finally found their way out of here. She wielded her bow, shooting the man before she hurried out of there.

She tried to run after the family, she jumped from tree to tree to keep up with the boy.

Once they made it to their ikran, she knew it was useless. They probably weren't coming back. The girl sighed, jumping back on the ground in one swift motion.

She wanted to walk away before she heard a ruffle behind her. She turned around and met eyes with him.

His eyebrows quirked up a bit. This was the closest he'd ever been to her.

Na'veya's eyes studied him. Does he not know who she is? 'Hello?' He carefully said. Her aura wasn't exactly inviting, he was tip-toeing around her.

She tilted her head, looking at him.

He sighed for a second, looking at her. 'Who are you?' He asked gently.

She swallowed hard, still studying him. She was hesitant. She didn't really talk to anyone, let alone strangers. But he practically wasn't a stranger, she'd seen him before. 'Na'veya.' She told him.

'You have a pretty name.' He said, something that looked like a slight smile appeared on his face. 'Oh— my name is Lo'ak.'

Na'veya pursed her lips together. A silence fell over them. Nobody spoke a word. They were just admiring each other up close.

'Lo'ak!' A boy's voice called him, making Lo'ak turn his head around.

'Shit, I have to go.' He turned his head back to Na'veya. 'Can I meet you here again tomorrow?' He asked, a little scared for her answer.

Only her nose twitched before she nodded slightly, making him smile.

'Alright, Na'veya. I'll see you tomorrow.' He turned around, running off into the bushes.

After he left her view, Na'veya felt like she could finally breathe again. What just happened?