chapter 5: pretty eyes

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

'Na'veya!' Lo'ak was looking for the girl who'd ran away from him merely a few minutes ago. He'd just gotten terrible news he had to share with her. Luckily for him, she was in his village right now.

Na'veya turned around to a familiar voice calling her name. She was so happy to hear Lo'ak's voice. 'Lo'ak?' She looked at him as relief fell over her.

He gulped, he felt his cheeks heating up. She said his name. He didn't know why, but Lo'ak thought that was so attractive. She had said about five words to him before, so her calling his name was like he'd caught the biggest fish of the hunt. 'I'm here, don't worry.' He stepped closer to her, gently putting his hand on her shoulder. 'I have bad news.'

Na'veya tilted her head, watching him.

'I'm leaving.'

Na'veya's eyes grew wide, her ears lowered as she raised her eyebrows. 'No.' She told him.

'I don't have a choice.' He sighed, looking down at her.

She shook her head, stepping back. He couldn't go. Anything but that. She'd grown fond of the boy, finally having someone to talk to, to confide in. And now he was leaving. She couldn't bare it.

Lo'ak looked down, he wasn't able to do anything about this. But then an idea struck him. His head shot up, a glimpse of hope showing in his eyes. 'What if you follow us. I mean, you can fly by yourself now.'

That wasn't even a bad idea. A smile crept up on her face as she nodded before running up to him, standing on her toes and wrapping her arms around him.

His eyes looked like they could pop out of their sockets. He pursed his lips together, a huge smile showing on them as his cheeks became bright purple.

'Good idea, Lo'ak.'

There it was again, she called his name. His name sounded about a million times better coming out of her mouth.

She let go of him, walking back a bit. 'When are you leaving?'

She was actually forming full sentences. 'Tomorrow.' Lo'ak said, looking at her. 'Hey, you can sleep here tonight if you'd like.'

Na'veya was surprised by his offer. She wanted to accept it so bad, but she couldn't. Or could she? She could just hide somewhere with him. Or she could stay out with him until the sun came up again. She had a ton of options. Na'veya nodded, showing she liked his idea and agreed to staying with him.

'Alright, I'll try to find something for you to sleep on. My parents can't see you or else they'll ask questions.' He felt the need to explain that to her because he didn't want her to feel like he was embarrassed or something like that.

She nodded again, making herself comfortable by sitting on the cold ground. She leaned back on the wall of the cave as Lo'ak walked away from her.

Whenever Lo'ak was around, she got this funny feeling in her stomach. She wondered what it was, she couldn't find out the reason behind it. But it felt good, that's all she knew.

જ⁀➴

It took him quite a long time to make a sleeping space for her. He made it the most comfortable he could.

As he showed Na'veya, she smiled at him and that already told him enough. She lay down on it, wiggling around a bit before getting comfortable.

'I'll see you again tomorrow.' Lo'ak smiled, turning around.

'Lo'ak,' Na'veya called his name softly, making him turn back to her. He looked down at her, waiting for her to talk. 'Will you please stay?'

His eyebrows quirked up a bit as his tail flung up. His parents will kill him if they ever found out but in this moment he couldn't care less. 'Of course.' He lay down next to her, looking at her as she moved onto her side as well.

'Thank you.' Na'veya softly spoke. 'For doing this.'

She was really talkative today. Maybe she just needed to warm up to the boy first. 'No problem.'

She reached over and placed a small kiss right on his cheekbone before turning her back to him and closing her eyes.

'You're not really like any other girls I've met before.' Lo'ak said softly.

It made Na'veya snicker. 'How so?'

'Well, for starters: you don't talk much.' Lo'ak said, chuckling softly.

That chuckle shot shivers down Na'veya's spine. A smile formed on her face as she turned around to face him. Lo'ak saw how close she was. Na'veya noticed how his cheeks burned up. 'You have pretty eyes.' She told him.

'So are you— your eyes are pretty too.' He tried to save himself.

Na'veya already caught on, giggling. 'Thank you.' She bit her lip, feeling sad that he had to leave his home. She looked down as her ears lowered. 'Do you know why you're leaving?'

Lo'ak's ears lowered as well before speaking. 'There's a man after us, he's part of the Sky People but he looks Na'vi.'

'A Dreamwalker.' Na'veya corrected him.

Lo'ak nodded. 'Yes, a Dreamwalker. He has a whole army of Dreamwalkers and Sky People and they are searching for us. He wants to kill us. So we have to leave— hide. I don't want to but it's the safest thing to do right now.' Lo'ak sighed.

Na'veya's eyes shot open wide. They were after him. She couldn't let them get to him. 'What is his name?'

Her expression turned very serious in less than a second, it surprised Lo'ak a bit. 'Quaritch.'

Na'veya saw how much it hurt Lo'ak, leaving the forest. They were hunting him and his family. He didn't even want to leave but they don't have a choice because of this stupid Quartich asshole.

She felt terrible for him.

She knew Aungia was needed here but ever so, she needed to protect her new friend. She would do anything to keep him safe.

She knew one thing, she was going to do everything in her power to destroy this Quaritch.

Whatever it takes, he will die.