chapter 3: goddess

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

It had been a few minutes since Na'veya got to the place she'd talked to Lo'ak yesterday. He asked if they could meet up again.

Na'veya didn't want to go at first. She was afraid he'd rat her out. But he didn't seem like a bad guy. So, she trusted her instincts and went anyway. He wasn't there yet. She was the slightest bit nervous to see him again. She was never nervous but this was something that she didn't usually do.

But then, a cry could be heard from the sky. An ikran landed in front of her before a certain Na'vi jumped off. 'I'm sorry, my brother was giving me a hard time about going out again. I'm here now.' He met her eyes as she looked at him. She studied him, her eyes scanning him up and down. He just stood there, letting her do her thing. He could tell she wasn't used to people.

She noticed something she didn't notice before. Na'veya watched his hands, stepping closer to him while frowning.

Lo'ak already squinted, not really wanting to deal with being called an alien again.

But what she did surprised him.

Na'veya took his hand in hers, holding it in front of her face to get a closer look at it. She wrapped one of her hands around his smallest finger. It made him look down at her and he felt his cheeks heat up. Lo'ak realized how close she was.

Why did he have an extra finger? She noticed how the Dreamwalkers always had an extra finger. Wait a minute. He could be a spy!

Na'veya backed away and wielded her knife. She stayed close to the ground, hissing at him.

Lo'ak jumped a little, not expecting her reaction. He frowned, thinking as to why she would act that way. 'Why are you?— oh, wait. I'm not an avatar if that's what you think!' It clicked in his head mid sentence, realizing that could be why she responded like that. But she tilted her head, showing that she had no idea what he meant. 'I'm not with the Sky People.'

Na'veya felt relieved, standing up straight again. The question still spun around in her mind.

'Where are you from?' He asked her, sitting down on the soft moss.

She swallowed hard before sitting down as well. 'Tipani clan.'

Lo'ak hummed, nodding along. 'So, do you live here alone?' He looked into her eyes, he felt a small spark when she met his gaze.

Na'veya frowned, thinking he wouldn't ask such a thing. She slightly looked away, not wanting to answer his question.

'Not a big talker, got it. I heard Tipani didn't talk much. I guess they were right.' Lo'ak chuckled softly. 'It doesn't matter, I'll talk for the both of us.' He smiled at Na'veya, comforting her.

She nodded in response.

'I'll tell you a bit about myself. I'm Lo'ak, son of the Olo'eyktan. You can get a picture after, no worries.' He joked, grinning at her.

She only frowned, not knowing what a "picture" was. Her eyes followed his arm. It seemed like he was strong, she'd noticed before how his back was pretty muscular. She found herself staring at a beaded arm band around his wrist.

'My little sister made that for me. I can ask if she wants to make one for you too.' He said, trying to lock eyes with her again.

When she looked up at him, a tingle moved through his spine yet again. She smiled, nodding.

'Alright, I'll ask her.' He smiled back at her.

Saying Na'veya was pretty was an incredible understatement. She was more than that. Her eyes were glowing but somehow, Lo'ak found dullness in them. Either way, her round lips seemed like the softest, he wanted to touch them with his fingers. A bunch of very small scars were scattered across her face, it looked like she'd been through a lot. The neck piece she had on was a definite statement, it was large and black with hints of green. It looked so good on her though. She found the perfect mix between braids and loose strands of hair, she looked like a goddess.

His eyes found their way back to her eyes again, seeing them look back at him. 'I have an idea.'

She frowned, tilting her head. She was very intrigued.

'Let's go fly.' He stood up, reaching his hand out for her to take. As she did, Lo'ak helped her up.

'What do you mean?' She asked him.

Na'veya forming a full sentence caught Lo'ak off guard. He stuttered a bit before he could finally find the words. 'On our ikran.'

She laughed for a moment, surprising Lo'ak yet again.

'You don't have an ikran?' He asked her gently.

Na'veya shook her head. She didn't have anyone to teach her how to mount one and make it hers. So, Na'veya had no idea how to fly. Of course, she could've taught herself. Most of the things she does has been because she'd taught herself how to do it. But this was something different. She could get herself killed and nobody would get rid of that scum she takes care of. So, she had to choose the people over herself.

He smirked, a plan already forming in his mind.

It appears that Na'veya likes to frown a lot, it was the expression she had on her face the most.

'I'll teach you.' Lo'ak said, hinting for her to move closer to the large winged creature before them.

Na'veya's eyes grew wide as she stepped back while shaking her head. No way in hell. She was not going to fly. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

'Come on, it'll be fun. I won't let you fall, I promise.' She smiled, his arm moving to hold her hand.

She pulled her arm back, his eyes met hers. Na'veya noticed how soft the look on his face was. He was sweet. Then she inched her arm forward again, allowing him to grab her hand.

Lo'ak grabbed her hand, guiding her onto his ikran as he jumped in front of her. 'Are you comfortable?' He asked her, looking back a little.

She nodded.

'You have to hold on tight. He's faster than you think.' He said before he felt two arms hesitantly wrap around his torso. He gasped a little as a reaction to her soft touch, but not hard enough for her to hear.

It was scary, sure. But thrilling nonetheless. And Na'veya only got this kind of adrenaline kick when she killed someone.

Maybe this could be fun.