chapter 15: incredible

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

While laying down on the tulkun's back, Lo'ak pointed up at the starry sky. 'My father came from a star. That one, right there.' Na'veya didn't really look up. Well she did, but only for a second. Because Lo'ak looked too damn good in this lighting. His freckles were glowing as the stars reflected in his big golden eyes. She thought about what he said— what he did, earlier today. He touched her cheek with his big hand and looked into her eyes in a way he hadn't before. He mentioned how he loved it when she cared so much for him. She had to try so hard to fight back a smile even thinking about what happened earlier.

What was she doing? This wasn't like her at all. Even though her mind had been occupied by the boy since the day she first saw him stub his foot in the forest. And that was a long time ago.

She should be a fighter, fighting for what's right. Killing enemies. She felt terrible for leaving her duties in the forest just so she could stay with a boy she just met. Na'veya was an idiot and she had no idea why she even made this decision. But how good it felt to be around him was getting dangerous. She was already so attached to him, to this place. She can't stay here forever.

'We have to get back. People are worried about you.' Na'veya told the boy in front of her.

Lo'ak turned his head to her. 'I want to stay here. With you.' He hesitated for a moment before walking up to her and holding both her hands in his. 'Let's run away together. Just you and me. People already hate me, I'm a disappointment to my family. Nobody would care.' He looked into her eyes, too hopeful for her liking.

'Lo'ak,' Na'veya sighed before looking back at him. 'Your siblings love you. You can't leave, it's not fair to them. We'll figure this out together but for now, can we please go back? I'm exhausted and your family is probably already burning the marui down to find you.'

Lo'ak looked down before nodding. He understood what she meant. I mean, it was an awful lot he was asking of her. Or well, it wasn't actually. She had absolutely nothing, it wouldn't matter if she ran away from here. But Na'veya cared too much for Lo'ak to let him leave his family behind.

જ⁀➴

Na'veya and Lo'ak made their way to the shore on an ilu as the people around them yelled that he was back. The others hid in their pods again as the also noticed that Aungia was with him.

Aonung already stood before them next to Tonowari. As Na'veya spotted him, she cracked her neck and tried to angrily walk up to him. But Lo'ak already pulled her arm back, shaking his head.

Jake came rushing in, pulling his son away from the girl. 'What the hell did you think you were doing? What were you doing with her.' He side eyed the girl as she rolled her eyes.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes as well. 'Dad I didn't—'

'It was Aonung.' Na'veya was still staring at the boy as he looked down.

Ronal, who was standing next to Aonung, gasped. 'How dare you blame my son! After everything you've done to him.' She hissed at the girl in front of her.

Na'veya scoffed. 'Ask him.' She narrowed her eyes. 'You know what happens if you lie.' She warned Aonung, he definitely knew what would happen if he lied.

'Yes it was me mother, I told him to join us beyond the reef and we left him there.' He looked down as she shook her head and Tonowari grabbed onto his neck.

He pushed the boy down. 'My apologies, my son is to blame. Apologize now Aonung.' Tonowari demanded as he softly told the pair sorry.

Na'veya cleared her throat before turning to Jake and Neytiri, Lo'ak's parents. 'I wanted to get him out of there as soon as possible. He was unconscious but still breathing. If I came any later he would've been dead.' She said before she turned to Lo'ak. 'I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner.' And with that, she left. She walked back to her comfy pod as a small smile crept up on her face. She left Neytiri and Jake flustered behind with Lo'ak standing next to them.

Na'veya slid herself down and lay comfortably on her mat. This wasn't that bad. She's experienced worse. I mean, she slept in the forest in trees her whole life. This was very comfortable. Even more comfortable than Neteyam's weird leaf bed.

It was peaceful and quiet. Well, that was before Lo'ak came barging in. 'So this is your crib, huh?' He looked around, picking some stuff up.

'Lo'ak, aren't you supposed to be with your parents right now?' Na'veya asked, sighing.

He shook his head. 'They're pissed at me for hanging out with you. So I just came here.' He shrugged, sitting down next to her. 'That looks comfortable.' He poked the mat before scooping Na'veya to the side and laying down next to her. She called his name in protest but he didn't care. 'I'm staying.' He said before turning his back to her and laying on his side.

She giggled. 'Just don't snore.' Na'veya smiled before turning her back to him as well.

'I don't snore!' Lo'ak yelled as he heard Na'veya laugh. 'I don't snore!' He repeated.

'You don't know that.'

'I do.' Lo'ak poked her in her sides as she let out a large giggle. His eyes lit up. 'Ah, a weakness!' He felt like he just discovered something incredible. Lo'ak smiled proudly before continuing to poke her.

'Stop!— Lo'ak!' Na'veya yelled in between giggles. He was making her laugh so hard, the whole village could probably hear it. But she didn't care. She felt so good, laughing like a maniac. She's never laughed as much as these past few days and it was incredible.

Lo'ak made her feel incredible.