chapter 13: big bad Aungia

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

Na'veya slowly followed the man as she heard whispers around her. People ran into their little tents, afraid to even look at her.

'This is a Marui pod.' Tonowari said, standing before an empty one. 'This will be your home for the time being.' He said as he walked inside. 'How did you get here?' He immediately asked the girl as nobody could hear them from outside anymore.

'I followed Lo'ak.' She said, looking up at him. He was tall and his face was decorated with beautiful drawings.

He appeared to be intrigued. 'Why?'

'He's my friend and I need to protect him.' She told him, matter of factly.

Tonowari opened his mouth to ask another question as Na'veya interrupted him.

'Listen, I want to make one thing very clear. I am here to protect Lo'ak and I will go to great lengths to do so. I do not care who stands in the way. Wether it be that weird looking boy I shot an arrow at earlier or someone else, they will pay. I hope you understand that. But as long as I'm here, and as long as Lo'ak is to be untouched, I will stand down and not harm any of your precious villagers. Understood?' Na'veya's nostrils flared up as she exhaled sharply.

The man nodded. 'Alright, Aungia.'

'And please, don't call me that. My name is Na'veya.' She sighed.

'As you wish, Na'veya. I will leave for now. I'll tell the villagers to calm down for a bit before you can show your face around here. Not that you'd actually want that.' Tonowari said as he glared back at her one last time before disappearing again.

Na'veya let out a huge sigh. She wasn't used to this many eyes on her. She remembered one day very vividly. The word got out that she'd killed one of her own— Na'vi. But it was in fact a terrible traitor. It was a spy, secretly meeting Sky People to discuss what was going on in the village. The people didn't believe her and kicked her out. She felt terrible, everybody watched her as she got yelled at for murdering somebody's mate— somebody's son. She never wanted to experience something like that again.

જ⁀➴

It had been silent for a couple of hours now. Na'veya was wondering where Lo'ak was, she hadn't seen him in a while. She wanted to go out and look for him but she was too afraid of the people silently judging her from a distance. But she also didn't hear anything from outside. Everybody stayed inside of their pods, terrified of possibly meeting with Aungia. This could be a good time to go look for him.

After taking a few deep breaths, she stepped outside. The bright sun hit her in her face as she scanned the place. It was completely empty, not a single Na'vi around. Or so she thought.

Luckily for her, Tonowari told Tsireya to continue her lessons. You could tell she was tense, looking around the whole time. She was standing by a tree, talking to Neteyam and his sisters. The Rotxo boy was there too, uncomfortably shifting in his place. Nobody had seen her yet so when she walked into view, Tsireya's eyes grew wide. She looked at the girl walking up to her in fear, not knowing what she will do. She almost killed her brother, she could take revenge on him by killing her.

They all turned their heads. Tuk, their youngest, hid behind her older sister named Kiri. Neteyam had gotten to know her well, not as well as Lo'ak but well nonetheless. He liked her, she was nice. It caught him a bit off guard that she was the killer everybody feared but he'd come to terms with it.

'Neteyam, where's your brother?' She asked him.

'Hey Na'veya, good to see you too.' He laughed, thinking its funny how she only wants Lo'ak. 'I haven't seen him anywhere now that I think of it.' He looked around.

Na'veya sighed. 'What if something happened?'

'Nothing bad happens here, you can trust me.' Tsireya stepped in but gulped and looked away when Na'veya met her gaze.

Kiri furrowed her brows, gathering all the courage to talk to her. 'What do you want with my brother?' She asked as she held her chin up high. Tuk whispered her name as she pulled her sisters arm.

'I want to keep him safe.' Na'veya said, her eyes piercing into Kiri's. Kiri lowered her head, her gaze was terrifying.

'Anyways,' Neteyam shifted his gaze between Tsireya, Kiri and Na'veya. There was a definite tension between them and Kiri looked mortified. 'Dad has been bugging him to apologize to Aonung. So I think he's with him.'

'What?' Tsireya's eyes snapped over to Neteyam. 'Oh no.' Her gaze was filled with terror, her eyes widening.

Na'veya narrowed her eyes, stepping closer to the girl. 'What is it?'

'I overheard Aonung and his friends talking about "teaching someone a lesson". You don't think—'

'Where is he?' Na'veya's gaze grew dark. As Tsireya gulped, Kiri shoved Tuk behind her and stepped back. Tsireya shot a look over at Neteyam. 'Don't look at him, look at me. Now, where is Lo'ak?' She stepped closer, eyes staring into her soul as Na'veya's nostrils flared up. 

Tsireya looked at her, incredible fear in her eyes. 'I don't know.' Her eyes started to tear up, this was Neteyam's cue.

'Alright, calm down Na'veya.' Neteyam pushed his hand in front of her body, her eyes meeting his.

Na'veya shook her head as she snapped out of it. 'Neteyam, I need to find him.' A new kind of emotion showed in her voice. It had a hint of sorrow. She'd never experienced that before.

Neteyam noticed as well as noticing how surprised she herself was by it. 'We'll find him. Trust me.' He put his hand on her shoulder.

Kiri looked at him like he was insane. Didn't he see how she acted just now? And how he put his arm in between them was insane, like he has a death wish.

Na'veya was so freaking pissed. She needed to know what happened to Lo'ak. She hated herself for leaving him like this.

They were going to pay.