Chapter 1

I slipped out of sight and into the shadows. I had just killed the Lord of Moon Lust, a vampire coven. He had been torturing innocent humans and using their blood for rituals.

Of course, I couldn't let that happen, so I took the job to kill him. It was pretty easy, I've been training since I could walk. I was one of the youngest assassins ever. I became official at the age of 12. My parents always pushed me to be the best.

They're amazingly awesome parents but, when needed they get down to business they got serious. I've been an assassin for 6 years, which is a pretty long time. Most are either killed or quit because of the stress.

I don't really ever feel stressed. I don't why but I don't have a problem with killing. When I'm not being an assassin I'm just sweet and pretty Serenity Hemings. I always change my voice slightly so it's not recognizable.

I'm always sure to hide who I am when in assassin mode. I use a mist potion so my face looks different to others. It's helpful so that I won't get recognized in public. So I other words I have many appearances, no description is the same.

I made sure I was far away before I got rid of the mist. A few other vampires may have seen me but I was able to cruise right by. I had used a mist to make me look like a vampire woman. Everyone believed and let me right through to talk to the Lord. Since I was the last person seen going to him they'll suspect me.

I was sure to leave my mark. Just as a little gift from me to them. On all of my kills I mark an infinite symbol. It shows that I'll be here forever and they can't get rid of me. That's why I'm called the Demon Girl. You think you got rid of me but, I always return.

A little cruel but, for me it's just fun. As I get into a small hole that was in between some roots of an old tree, I make sure to slightly hide myself. I change into some different clothes and rub lotion on myself so that I smell different. Then I climb up onto some tree branches.

I adjust my bag and start tree hopping. It's really fun once you get the hang of it. When I first tried it I landed on my face, it hurt. I continued through the trees and came to a stop before climbing back down.

I was right outside someone's backyard. I walked around to the front and saw it was a fairly sized neighborhood. I pulled out some acting skills and walked as if I did this every day. If I was right, I was in Valley Falls. A very rich town not to far from the meeting point.

I had to go to some old park to meet my employer for the mission I just did. Once I arrived I spotted him waiting for me at a park bench.

"Is it completed?"

"Yes, I've completed the task."

"Very good, here's your payment."

"Thank you, Sir. Hopefully we'll do business again sometime."

"I hope we do. I'll let you know, thank you Isabelle," I smile as he says one of my false names.

"No problem at all. I'll see you soon."

I walk away and head towards a nearby house. I pick the lock and head inside to change and take off the mist that I use to talk to clients. That's the only thing that remains consistent.

Every time I meet a client I always use the same mist. When I'm actually doing a job I use a mist that suits the job. The only time I don't use mist is during everyday life. Once I'm done I head to HQ to meet Rick so he can give me my next mission or client.

I hop on a plane to Los Angeles using the money from my last mission. Once I get off the plane I see my parents waiting for me.

"Hey sweetie. How was it?" asked my mom.

"It was good. I completed the mission as always."

"That's my little girl! Never failing a mission." Said my Dad as he hugged me. When he hugged me he sniffed a little.

I know he's not crying, which means he's sniffing me to see who I've been around. Ugh. Just cause we're werewolves doesn't mean we have to smell each other. We're some of the few mysticals who are assassins.

Which makes us pretty well known. My parents take me to HQ and I head inside as they go back home. I run to the meeting room to find Rick. He's sitting at one of the tables writing on some different papers.

"Hey Rick."

"Ah, the great Serenity has returned."

I roll my eyes and look at him. He's 1 year older than me. He has brown hair just like me but, his eyes are green unlike my blue ones.

"Are you here for your next mission?"

"You know it."

"Shouldn't you take a break? I mean, really, you just got back."

"I'm fine. I just want to go on a mission."

"Well aren't you ADHD?" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes.

"Hold on and I'll see what I have."

"Ok, thank you,"

"Ha, I know you love me," he said smirking as soon as I said thank you.

"You wish," I roll my eyes.

He grabs his computer and looks through his missions list.

"Alright, this ones a big mission so you need to do really well. It should be easy since you're a werewolf."

"Ok, what is it?"

"You have to gather as much intel as possible on the sightings of mutated werewolves."

"Ok, anything else?"

"The only way you'll be able to do this is to join the Lunar Eclipse pack."

"Wait, what? That's the strongest pack on this side of the planet."

"I'm well aware. They'll accept you into the pack since you're a werewolf. I will have a friend call so that he can get you in it."

"How would he do that?"

"He's friends with one of the higher up wolves. He'll make an excuse as to who you are, don't worry."

"How long do I have?"

"This goes as long as you need. You need to learn all you can. We'll get you a house to stay in and have you join the high school they have as a senior, even though it's midway through the year. Its a small town that's mostly werewolves so fitting in shouldn't be too hard."

"Alright, when do I leave?"

"Tomorrow morning."

After that I leave for home so that I can get ready. This is going to be one long mission.

Thank You for reading!

I hope you like it. I just had an idea and I started to write, even though I'm I the middle of 2 other books. Also hope you noticed that play on words in the title. Haha.

I will update with new chapters as much as possible, I promise. There will be times when I may get writers block so forgive me.

Let me know what you think and what I can do to make it better.

Remember

Vote, Comment, Follow, and Share