Chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. I really don't want to get up. I burst out of bed when I saw the time. I only have 40 minutes, which is not enough time to get ready.

I put on my jeggings, white t-shirt and blue flannel, and some leather boots. I brush my hair and put on a light layer of make up.

I rush down stairs and grab a granola bar so I can eat it on the way to school. It only takes me 10 minutes to get to school. Good to know that way I can plan out my wake up time.

I park my mustang in a spot where I don't have to worry about it getting messed up. Grab my bag and walk into school. It's a large school but I can see that it's old.

The first thing I have to do is find the front office for my schedule. This is easy since the front office is not far from the entrance. I look over my schedule to see what classes I have.

As I'm looking at my schedule I run in to someone. I could easily flip over and catch myself but, I need to look a little weaker. I fall back preparing to hit the ground but, I feel strong arms wrap around me. There's a tingling spark that happens as we make contact.

I open my eyes and immediately feel a spark. He's really handsome. He has straight brown hair and green eyes. He pulls me up in an embrace and the scent of his cologne wafts around me.

Why do I feel like this? Could he be... no. He can't be. Can he? This feeling is overpowering all of my senses. I don't want it to stop. I could feel my wolf going crazy. It has to be him.

Your mine. I feel him say in my mind. Even his voice is amazing. He's my mate.

"What's your name?" He says.

"Serenity," crap I said my real name. I normally use fake names but, I couldn't help but tell the truth. "What's yours?"

"Chase," a beautiful name for my handsome mate.

"Can I see your schedule?"

All I can do is nod as I give it to him. He looks at it and frowns. Then he heads into the front office. After a few minutes he comes back out with paper and hands it to me.

I look at it and see that my schedule is completely different.

"You're in all my classes now."

"Really?"

"Yes, that way you can follow me and get the layout of the school."

You just want to have me around all day. I say in his head through a mind link.

Yep. Is all he says as he pulls me along to our first class of the day.

When we walk in everyone looks at us. Some give me glares and others are kind of clapping. Well I guess they know we're mates.

We walk over to a group of people who are smiling at Chase.

"You gonna introduce us?" Says a guys with curly black hair.

"Yeah, guys this is Serenity."

"Hi," they all say in unison.

"Hi, nice to meet you all."

"Serenity," says Chase, "these are my friends Tucker, Sonja, James, and Lucy."

They smile as they're names are stated and I smile back. They seem like a nice group to be around. I notice that they're treating Chase with a lot of respect.

I look at him and notice an aura of power that I didn't pay attention to earlier. Oh hell no! He's an Alpha! How did I not see this before. I'm supposed to be here on a mission. I shouldn't be flirting, even if he's my mate.

I take a look around the room and see that everyone in this class is a werewolf. Chase is really distracting me. I need to focus. I take a seat and Chase sits next to me. Everyone else sits around us.

So do you want to do something after school?

Like what?

We can eat out, get to know each other better.

Maybe.

Well what do you want to do?

I want to go into the forest. Maybe climb trees or get somewhere up high to look at the stars. While we're doing that we could get to know each other better.

I like the way you think.

We go on the rest of the day sort of talking during classes through a mind link. Then after what seems like forever we go to lunch. After lunch there's only 2 more classes.

We walk into the cafeteria and sit down with Chase's friends. This looks like the most popular table, probably because of Chase.

"So how's your day been Serenity?" Asks Lucy.

"Good so far."

"It's cool that you two are in the same classes," says Tucker. I can sense that his mate is Sonja since it looks like they're always next to each other

"I wish we had that. I bet Chase had something to do with it," says Sonja.

"Probably. You see how soft he turned once Serenity got here?" Said James.

"Shut up," replies Chase.

"What if she didn't even want to be in the same classes as him. He's being a little clingy."

You're ok with being the same classes right? I'm not being clingy, right?

It's fine Chase. I like being in the same classes as you.

Ok. He sounds relieved.

"I don't mind that we're in the same classes," I say to answer what they're wondering.

"Well that's what you say now," said James, "it'll get weird eventually."

"Says you," replies Chase.

Lunch goes on like that, the bickering doesn't seem to stop. Then before we know it, it's time to go back to the last classes of the day.

When school ends Chase goes to talk with some friends and I walk away towards the entrance. I've been so distracted today. I need to focus on getting information.

Now that I think about it, I can get closer to everyone to gain trust. I honestly do like them and want to be their friend. I'm just afraid for when I have to leave.