Chapter 6

I get home and head to my bathroom to take a shower. I use some extra strong minty shampoo to get the smell out of my hair and, a strong lavender body wash to completely get rid of the smell.

Then I grab my clothes and throw them in the washer with a lot of detergent. I have to make sure there's no trace of that fight ever happening. I take my shoes and clean them as much as possible.

Once everything's clean I walk over to the living room and sit on the couch. I turn the T.V onto some movie and decide to grab a snack and watch it. Why not? I need a break every once in a while.

After about thirty minutes of watching the movie and eating a bag of potato chips, I hear a loud knock at the door. I walk towards the door and I can already sense Chase on the other side. Someone's probably upset with me.

I open the door and Chase comes barging in.

"Where were you? You weren't in any of our classes today. What happened?"

"I was feeling good. I went to the nurse and I had a bit of a fever and she told me to go home and rest. She said if I'm contagious, that I shouldn't infect anyone at school. So I came home and I've been asleep most of the day."

"Why didn't you mind-link me, or even text me? Do you know how worried I was?"

"I'm sorry I had small headache so I just went home and lied down."

"Alright, fine. I'm just happy your safe and nothing's happened to you."

"I'm not that helpless."

"No, in my eyes, you're the strongest."

I give him a kiss and he presses against me, deepening it. I absolutely love him. I wish it could always be like this. I have to leave once this is over though. Why does it have to so hard?

I push him away and he looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I can't do this."

"Why, is there someone else?" He asks, his green eyes growing to a very dark emerald green.

"No Chase. I just can't do this."

"Serenity please tell me the truth. What's wrong?"

"I just, this isn't going to work the way we want it."

"Why, what's going on?"

How am I supposed to tell him that I'm a hunter? I'm not supposed to reveal that information. I can't even tell him about the wolves.

"Serenity? Are you even listening? What's wrong?"

"I-I need to be alone."

His eyes were continuing to grow to an almost black. "So there is someone."

"No, there's no one else," I started to think about Rick and the way he always flirted with me. He may have liked me, but I don't know. I don't know if I'd even feel the same.

"Are you lying?" He asks. I could hear him growling on the inside.

"Just go, please," I shoved him out the door and slammed it shut.

My heart hurt so much.

Why Serenity?

I could feel how sad my wolf was. I'm sorry I just can't.

Why?

I could feel her moving toward the background trying to hide somewhere she can cry. I felt bad.

~

The next day I stayed home. I couldn't be bothered to go to school. Technically I graduated high school and college at a young age anyway so I don't even need to go to school.

I stayed home all day. I set the samples to be analyzed while I watch Netflix. I have nothing better to do anyway. I get some calls from Chase but I-I can't talk to him right now.

I have to figure things out. Then I'll know for sure how things between us are going to work.

Later I hear a knock at my door. I can already sense that it's Chase. I grab the analyzed samples and put them in a backpack that also contains my other hunting gear.

I escape out the back door and I'm sure to lock it behind me. I ran into my backyard which is practically a forest. I place my foot on the root of a tree and begin to climb.

Grabbing for a branch, I pull myself up over and over until I'm as high up as possible. Then I start my favorite thing ever, silent tree hopping.

All these years of being a hunter have helped me learn to be absolutely silent.
I hop from tree to tree. This would probably go faster if I could jump greater distances, but I'm not sure how failure in that would turn out.

Soon I feel that I've gone a good distance away from Chase. I get on the ground and shift to my wolf form. It hurts a little since I haven't shifted in a while.

When it comes to hunting it's just easier to be in human form. Plus if my targets saw me shift they'd go after the werewolves. I don't want that to happen.

I stretch out all my limbs and carry the backpack using my jaw. Then I start running. My wolf is black, orange-ish, and white. Almost like a sandy color.

It makes me think of a calico cat. Those cats are always female though so it makes sense that I can look like this. As I run I can feel all my limbs regaining their strength.

I've learned that your wolf is only as strong as you. My wolf is starting to have as much strength as me. Our muscles grow tighter and more defined.

Something that surprises me is that my fur got softer and silkier. Is it cause of my human hair or.....eh, I don't know.

I make for a clearing and lay down in a comforting patch of flowers. Their smell is strong enough to mask my scent.

I look around the area for signs of recent activities. There are signs that deer graze around here.

There are lots of trees for cover which is both good and bad. Then I spot something strange on a tree. There's a large claw mark. I use my keen sight to look deeper in the marking.

It's a deep cut and there are hints of red. Something's been here. The marks don't look to fresh though. I look down and see small spots of red.

I begin to follow the small path that's been created. After a while I come up on something that shouldn't even exist here.

"What the....."

Thank you so much for reading!

I'm sorry it took so long, I just started back in school. It's been kind of hard to get a chance to write these chapters.

Plus I had the bright idea of writing multiple stories at once. Great idea, I know. *Note Sarcasm*

I'll try to keep writing the next chapter and so on during my free time. So please be patient with me.

Remember

Vote, Comment, Follow

Love you! ❤️