Chapter 4

I make sure to listen carefully on my way out the building. Not much talk, just a lot of drama. I'll probably be able to get more information once I'm more included.

"Leaving without saying goodbye is rude you know."

I turn around and see Chase looking at me. "I have to do some more grocery shopping."

"Then let me come with you."

"Are you just gonna leave your car here?"

"No, my cars at home. I walked to school."

"Fine."

He grabs my hand as we start walking towards the entrance. As soon as we're outside Chase pulls me over and shoves me against the wall. Trapping me between his arms.

He looks at me and then leans in. I feel his lips as a spark runs through my body. I pull his head closer. This sparking sensation grows stronger and it feels amazing.

This isn't the first time I've kissed someone. Those were only for the missions I've done. This is different, it's real. This is what it should feel like.

Chase backs up and looks at me happily.

"You have no idea how much I've been holding back."

"Let's just go grocery shopping," I say as I drag him to my car.

"Nice car."

"Thanks."

We hop inside and drive towards the grocery store. While we're inside, Chase keeps picking out food he wants and putting it in the cart.

"What am I gonna do with your food?"

"Leave it in your house. I'll be visiting a lot."

I think over what he just said. We purchase the food and drive to my house. We're walking inside and I see that the barrier lets him through.

We put the groceries away and sit in the living room. I put on a movie and lean against Chase. He wraps me up in his arms and holds me there.

Halfway through the movie, Chase begins to speak.

"Serenity," I look up at him, "do you love me? I think I love you. I know it's a strong word but, I do.

"I do love you Chase. I loved you the instant I ran into you. I literally fell in love."

He chuckles and looks at me. His eyes lock me in a trance. I break the trance and pull him towards me. I kiss him, giving the proof to my answer.

He leans in and I can feel him smiling against my mouth. I pull away and lean my forehead on his.

"I'm going to bed. We have school tomorrow," I say as I stand up.

"I'll come with you," he says with a sly look on his face.

I grab a pillow and throw it at him. I start to walk up the steps to my room. I really don't care if he's here or not, I trust him. I walk into my room and change as quickly as I could.

He's either gonna go home, go to my room, or go to a guest room. I doubt he'll do 2 of those. I lay down on my bed and play some music. I'm sure to not make it too loud.

Then I pull out my phone and start looking around on social media. I have things like Instagram, Twitter, etc. I just don't really use them.

I hear soft footsteps coming up the stairs. He's trying to be quiet, how cute. I'm a werewolf so I already have heightened senses but, I'm also an assassin so it's doubled.

Nothing can sneak pass me unless it's someone like me. He quietly opens my door thinking I haven't noticed him. Then out of the corner of my eye I see him tense.

He's either doing this because of my big t-shirt and booty shorts or because he's about to pounce. I see him jump for me but, I'm too quick. I lift my legs up over me and he ends up throwing himself onto the bed.

I jump off the bed and turn to look at him. He turns over and looks at me shocked.

"How did y-" he starts but I interrupt.

"I'm a werewolf too, you know. I could sense you."

"Darn, I was trying to scare you."

"Well you don't know much about me. So you don't know how skilled I am."

"Well," he said getting comfortable, "tell me all I need to know."

"If I tell you, you won't like it."

"Try me," he says with a smile.

"Maybe some other time," I say as I shove him aside and lay down. I pull the covers up and he lays down beside me. I feel his arm as he holds me.

I want to stay like this forever. I really shouldn't be getting this close to him. It'll just hurt more when I have to leave. For now I'll just enjoy while I can.

The next morning I wake up to find that Chase still has me wrapped up in his arms. I turn over and look at his sleeping face. He looks really peaceful. I give him a peck on the forehead as I slip out of his arms.

I go into my closet and change into a light dress. This'll be easy for me to move in. I look to Chase and see that he is still asleep. It's adorable. Adorable?! Since when did I become this soft. I usually fake my emotions.

It's not like I don't have feelings I just try not to show them. Meeting him has changed me. No, when I'm doing my jobs that's when I truly have to be serious. It's ok to be like this in everyday life.

"Chase, wake up," I shake him and he begins to stir.

"Huh?"

"Wake up, we have to go."

"Oh," he gets up and puts his shirt on. I didn't even realize he took it off. As he's sliding his shirt on I get a glimpse of his abs. I can feel my face burning and I immediately walk out the door.

As soon as Chase comes downstairs we get in my car and head to school. Today I'm not going to school. I'm gonna disappear before first period to do some investigating.