8. The NaLu Confrontation!!

BECAUSE AFTER CHAPTER 437 I AM FEELING THE ANGST BETWEEN THEM AND I JUST WANT LUCY TO TELL HIM HOW SHE FEELS SO HERE IS HOW I WANT IT TO GO DOWN EVEN THOUGH I KNOW I AM WISHING FOR TOO MUCH SHHH LET ME DREAM A LITTLE HERE.

HAVE A SONG TOO

LOL ENJOY

========================================================================

Though the guild was back, Lucy couldn't help but have residual thoughts.

She didn't want to tell Natsu. In fact, she just wanted to let it slide. But after he'd left...it had scared her more than ever before. Her parents dying, the reason for Aquarius being dead...the guild's disbandment...and still the wound from Natsu's departure still hung heavily in Lucy's heart.

She knew it wasn't his fault. His father, whom he had been searching for for years, was gone in the blink of an eye. He needed to become stronger; it had been an uncontrollable desire that not even the fire dragon slayer could tame. The wound had cut him deep, and even now Lucy could tell it affected his thoughts, his movements, his new caution.

But that didn't mean it didn't hurt. The scars would never fade, and the memories of depression still fogged her memories like a plague. Lucy may have brought the guild together again, as her comrades had said, but that didn't erase her fear of abandonment from her mind. She knew that hiding it was barely succeeded, that her friends noticed that small look of hidden emotion in her eyes. But there was nothing they could do to change it; the celestial mage knew she had changed...for better or for worse was the question.

Lucy was containing it in like an overly-pressured balloon. The anger at Natsu, the grief and abandonment. Why, oh why, couldn't she shake it? She wanted it all to go away; Lucy could feel the rift separating her and her closest friend, her once most trusted ally.

And she hated it.

Lucy was helping everyone reconstruct the guild. She was vibrant with happiness, but as she would catch the glimpse of the white scarf, the sound of his voice, the pain would come back, and she would be forced to shake the fear away. She had gained the ability to hide her emotions, but as she had come to find out, some of it would still leak through.

Natsu watched Lucy, even as he helped steady some extremely heavy beams with Elfman. Happy was rambling to him about something, something the dragon slayer couldn't remember for the life of him. He'd been so into the conversation just a minute ago, but catching Lucy's scent and sensing her nearby had made him draw a complete blank.

His past partner turned away from her work a few feet across from him, turning to look up at the sky. Though she was away from most of the others, she still held that guarded expression Natsu was pained to see. He could see in her eyes, however; the lingering scars deeply buried beneath her.

Natsu knew why Lucy had that look, but he didn't want to press it. It was because of him, he knew, that she was still feeling this way. Perhaps, if he had thought of the consequences, maybe he wouldn't have left in such a way a year ago. He clenched his fists against the wooden beam. But how else could he have done it? Seeing her crying face would have been much harder for him to handle; he felt like a coward.