1. A Feeling of Loss

Hello, minna! ♥ This is my first one-shot, hehe.  So, please go easy on me. ^.^;  Today was a great day, because I had to re-take a Biology test I did really bad on.  I ended up getting a "B" on it, woop woop! cx  I hope you all enjoy this small little one-shot, though. c:  I dedicate this one-shot to emeralddrop. Thanks for being such a great friend! ♥ Everyone must go check her out!  I hope to update "Legend of the Fallen" soon!  Hopefully this will satisfy you all until then, ne?  Remember, feedback is greatly appreciated!  I hope you all like it!  Until next time, everyone!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я--❦

❧☸❦☸❧

===================================================================

"Don't be ashamed to weep; it's right to grieve.  Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water.  But there must be sunlight also.  A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lucy had seemed to be acting down lately.  Everyone noticed it, but they felt as if they should leave it alone.  Despite themselves and their curious attitudes, somehow they felt that it was best not talking about it.  It pained them, however, when they realized this.  Being Lucy's friends, they all wanted to do something to make her feel better.  

But, as Makarov said exactly: "Give her some time.  Maybe it's just something from the past."

However, Natsu noticed more things than anyone else did.

When no one was looking, Lucy's faked expression of happiness would turn to concern and sadness.  When they talked to her, they didn't notice that Lucy was putting up a front; that she was hiding a sadenning thought within her.

However, Natsu knew and saw it; and he was suspicious.

It all started just three days ago, when she came in through the guild doors and sat at the bar next to Mirajane.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lucy sighed, a lingering thought at the back of her mind.  As she sat down at the bar area of their newest and back-to-normal guild, she was unable to help herself from setting a reminder in her head.

Just three more days... the blonde thought, her eyes softening sadly as she stared at the wooden tabletop, lost in thought.

Mira turned from polishing glass cups given to her by her guildmates, seeing Lucy had appeared there.  "Oh, Lucy!  Good morning!"

Lucy shook her head lightly, shaking herself from her reverie after Mira's voice rang through her head.  "Eh?"  Lucy exclaimed lightly, surprised and not alert to her surroundings.

Mira blinked a few times in puzzlement.  "Is something wrong, Lucy?"

Lucy abruptly shook her head, sweat-dropping in embarrassment.  "Ano...it's nothing, Mira!  Really!  I just didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm a little tired still..."

To try and emphasize her point, Lucy yawned loudly, covering her mouth as a tear of tiredness appeared on the corner of her eye.

Mira looked at her with amusement.  "What were you doing so late at night anyways?"

Lucy racked her brain for a plausible excuse; luckily her smart wits and sharp intuition came up with an idea for her.  "I was writing,"  Lucy found her mouth replying.  "I got too much into it, I guess."