2. Natsu's Birthday

Kon'nichiwa, minna! ♥  Here is another one-shot I just had to get out of my system. c':  This one is a lot longer, though!  So, of course, I hope you enjoy it!  I was able to get my grades back up this week, woohoo! ♥ Haha, yay!  I hope all of you are doing well in your studies as well. c:  So, now that I have that pressure off my shoulders, I can write! ^.^  Yay!  I do have a very busy weekend ahead, which I warn you all about!!

The song in the multimedia goes with this entire chapter, especially near the end. c;  I hope you all like it!

I dedicate this chapter to ClumsyMustache; I absolutely love her fanfic "Matchmaker"! ♥ It's an amazing NaLu Fan Fiction, and I want her to update so much!!  One more thing: I'd like to thank 100starryskies for inspiring me!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. c:  Until next time, everyone~!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я -- ★☆

=================================================================

Lucy had a dream one night.

It was a happy dream; even a little funny.  Lucy's mind recalled the moments of the times Natsu and the others had celebrated her birthdays, and how she had been so happy during those times.  Her favorite memory was when Natsu had given her a rare flower, and how her friends had thrown a party for her.  Lights and happy faces danced through Lucy's dream, and she found herself smiling in her sleep.

But, it wasn't until the next day that Lucy realized something.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy walked into the guild, still striving to rid of the morning sleepiness that weighed down her eyes.  Yawning, Lucy made her way over to a table and sat down, happy to be back in the guild after her small free day to just sit and write.  Mirajane came up to her, flashing a smile of greeting.

"Good morning, Lucy!"  Mira exclaimed, walking over to her table.

Lucy smiled--still quite sleepily--at Mirajane, looking up from the table.  "Good morning, Mira.  Did I miss anything yesterday?"

Mira giggled slightly.  "No, nothing really.  It's the same old things going on in this guild as ever."

Lucy nodded, more awake now.

"But do you know what day it is today, Lucy?"

Lucy looked up at Mirajane, her eyebrows going up in curiosity.  "Eh?"

Mira laughed.  "Lucy, you can't tell anyone this, alright?  Not until later on, okay?"

Lucy looked at Mira cautiously, fearing what Mira would tell her.  What if it was something she had to swear an oath to, and then her life would forever be meddled by Mira?

Lucy shuddered, purple lines appearing under her right eye.  However, she asked the question anyway; after all, curiosity got the best of her.  

"What is it?"  Lucy asked, lowering her voice.

Mira smiled.  "It's Natsu's birthday tomorrow!"

Lucy's eyes widened.  "What?! I-It is?!"

Mira put her pointer-finger to her lips, puckering them.  "Shhh!  You can't say anything yet!"

"B-But, I had no idea..."

Mira laughed.  "Well, now you know."

Lucy looked at Mira in surprise, but then she turned to look back downwards at the table, thinking.