Matthew Chase's POV Part 1-Family Dinner

A/N: Yes Matthew as in Annabeth's brother Matthew

Matthew's POV

"Annabeth's coming today!" Dad exclaimed.

I looked at Bobby and we gave each other the we-know-you've-said-this-100-times-today, but we didn't say anything.

After a few minutes of playing Legos, there was a knock at the door.

Dad rushed to the door and threw it open.

"Annabeth!" Dad gave her a giant hug.

"Hey dad!" Annabeth smiled big as she gave Dad a hug, but smiled bigger when she turned around.

I looked at Bobby. Who was he?

Bobby just shrugged. He didn't know either.

Dad welcomed them both in to the house and sat done at the table with them.

"Boys, come here! Your sister is here!" Dad called.

Bobby and I sat at the table with Annabeth and the new boy. He had black hair. I like the color of his eyes. Sea green, mine and Annabeth's favorite color, or at least according to what she told me last time we played Two Truths and A Lie.

"Hi I'm Percy," the boy said, stretching his hand out across the table.

Bobby and I introduced our selves and gave him a high five. And then Mom came in. She didn't seem happy about Annabeth or Percy, but she brought cookies so... What ever I guess.

Mom sat down and she seemed really mad at Percy. I wonder why.

Dad and Annabeth were talking about architecture, while Percy nibbled on a cookie.

"So, how did you two," Mom's eyes darted between Annabeth and Percy, "Get around to dating each other?"

Percy glanced nervously at Annabeth and whispered, "Does she know about the Greek stuff?"

Mom raised an eyebrow at their whispering. "Are you thinking of lying to me? I'm your girlfriend's mother. I deserve to know if you deserve her or not."

"Mom, Percy is everything to me. After all we've been through, it's difficult to even imagine what it would be like with out him," Annabeth reasoned.

"All girls say that," Mom started.

"You don't understand. We've literally been through hell with only each other. We've saved the world countless times and we're also engaged," Annabeth said.

Dad smiled. Mom frowned.

"Annabeth, you're only 22-"

"Exactly. Demigods don't live that long mom. After everything I've been through with Percy, I don't trust and love anyone more than him." Annabeth was starting to get mad.

Mom started again, "Getting married is a big decision, Annabeth, especially when you are so young. As your mother who helped raise you-"

"You aren't my mother!" Annabeth was really starting to lose it, "You didn't raise me! Camp Half-Blood raised me and they taught me to trust my own judgement."

Mom apparently had already lost it. "Of course! It's all about that camp, isn't it? Well Annabeth, if you're just so mature and great how about you leave?!"

Annabeth's eyes flashed with anger. She was about to shout something, until Percy put his hand on hers. That seemed to clam Annabeth down enough.

Dad on the other hand, was outraged. "Helen, can I speak with you for a moment?"

Mom narrowed her eyes and followed Dad out of the room. Bobby and I ran to the kitchen door and listened.

"Leave, Helen? Leave?!" Dad was really mad.

"If doesn't respect me then why should she stay in my house?" Mom shot back.

"She's my only daughter. Not only that, but she's my daughter in need. She just saved the world, went through hell, and needs some where to stay. Please Helen. For me," Dad said sadly.

Mom didn't speak for a few minutes and I heard the floor tiles shift. Bobby and I darted back to our seats, where Percy had his a around Annabeth, while Annabeth was clenching her hand around something on her belt.

"Annabeth, I've decided that you and Percy can stay, if you apologize to me," Mom told Annabeth.

Annabeth straightened up, "I have nothing to apologize for. Percy and I will be leaving now."

Annabeth got up and Percy followed her.

"Annabeth!" Dad got up and rushed after Annabeth.

Mom sat and frowned, once again.

Ta-da! Another chapter! I hope you like it!! As always, commenting is always appreciated!
~Cinder