Kevin's POV- Part 2

Kevin's POV

It had been a week since the incident in Greek. I had hoped that it would lower his popularity level, but it didn't. If anything, Percy was more popular, girls were curious about what made Percy break down and cry. It made him mysterious and all the girls liked a guy who showed his emotions.

I thought he was a baby. A real man pushes his feelings down, not fall unconscious and cry until a girl comforts you.

Jackson hadn't been back. Expecting another day without him, I was relaxed.

Today, Percy walked into the school with the Annabell girl. He had his arm around her and they were comparing schedules.

I strutted on up, the eyes of the whole school on us.

"Hey there Jackson. What happened back there in Greek? Because to me, it seemed like you cried like a baby until your sister came along to help you," I laughed at my joke.

"Back off Kevin. And Annabeth isn't my sister. She's my fia- girlfriend," Percy calmly said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and took Percy's hand, "Just leave us alone."

"Come on babe, let's go," I took Annabeth's hand from Percy's and started walking.

That only lasted for a second because next thing I know, I'm on my back on the floor with Annabeth standing over me. What just happened?!

"What the hell woman?!" I shouted from the floor.

"Excuse me?" Annabeth asked.

I rolled on to my stomach and looked at her and Percy, "You need your girlfriend to stand up for you? That's just sad. That's like a sidekick being the hero instead of the superhero."

Annabeth whirled around, "I'm nobody's sidekick." Her voice was dangerously calm. I could feel a judo flip coming my way.

Then the weirdest thing happened. The water fountain exploded and all the water was raining down on me.

Annabeth smiled at Percy, who was looking innocently at the water fountain.

Then they walked away, leaving me at the bottom of the social pyramid and them at the top.

I love the "Nobody's Sidekick" quote so I just had to include it!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!
~Cinder