🌊 • Neteyam

Next Day, I'm with my sister, Ar'ya, We went to hunt for fish in the morning. We noticed Tsi'reya and Ao'nung teach the forest people about Ilu. That's when I saw him. "Ar'ya go hunting without me I'm uh...go see what they're doing" I swam away before my sister even got to say anything.

"Hey cousin". I smiled at Ao'nung pretending not to notice the boy next to me.

Neteyams POV
And I saw him, he swam close to us, "Hey Cousin" he greeted Ao'nung, Ao'nung greeted him back. As they were talking I just decided to hop on the ilu myself.

I bet My'ke was doing this on purpose, distracting Ao'nung so he can waste more time. I sighed "Are we gonna continue the lesson or we are just gonna stand here and talk all day?" I told them, They instantly looked at me.

My'ke had that huge smile on his face again, "Oh look, my new friend!" He patted my shoulder. I rolled my eyes "Can we just get on with this?" He started laughing, "Awh he wants to learn how to ride an ilu just like us.
" he went closer to Ao'nung and whispered in his ear but he said it loud enough for me to hear "I bet he's fiesty too"

My'ke POV
I couldn't stop laughing on the look on that boys face, he looks so funny, "Sorry for wasting your training time, Ao'nung I guess I best be going" Ao'nung grabbed my arm "Oh no please stay! Please I'm begging"

I tried to hide my smirk, "Of course! I wouldn't mind teaching a monkey how to swim" I looked at him

Exhausting two hours later, Training was over for the day. It was actual fun to teach that boy. Actually I didn't really teach him I just made fun of him the whole two hours.

I knew I was starting to piss him off, but I didn't care. I knew he didn't want to be around me, so I forced myself around him. I don't know why but something in him attracted me.

He was hunting fish in the fishing ponds, his skill was..unique...he was using the forest people way "If your going to live in the clan you must learn Metkayina ways" I told him, "I don't care" He replied to me fast. "You've been grumpy all day what's your problem monkey?"

He took a really deep breath, I knew he was on his last nerve "I wonder why, it's not like someone's been pushing my button all day, and been following me everywhere" he looked at me directly in my eye "What's your name?" He rolled his eyes, "You know my name, you've heard Ao'nung say it already" "Yeah but I want to hear it from your mouth"

When he got his last fish, he said "Neteyam..now move"