Chapter 18

A/N: Okay I did say that I would station warning but I think it'll just get in the way of reading, so at this point from this point forth, I guess, it's just slightly more mature, if it will be really violent i will put warning but for now its just warnings in general, its not a big deal, but for the YOUNGER READERS ESPECIALLY BE WARNED!

3rd P.O.V.:

He was still on the run and it had caused Hugo to always be on edge, especially for the past two years. Recently he had intensified his training both at home and whenever he would go and train with Orion. He would train a lot with James as well. James was the only one who would stop him from completely destroying his body, and so for that he was thankful. Sometimes Hugo would notice strange things happening that clearly shouldn't be happening. He would address them in the meetings that the council of Protectors the Mystic Isles would hold. Typically they'd get a team to go and take a look at it.

But lately his worries had shifted. He had noticed that Sofia was becoming more and more unavailable. But due to what, he couldn't figure it out. He had already been used to her attending after school clubs, but on top of that there was something else he didn't know about. He just knew that something was definitely going on, something that Sofia wasn't telling him, something that her petty little excuses like, extra homework and studying weren't enough to fool him.

But he also didn't want to push it, it's not like he was exactly innocent either.

But he couldn't tell Sofia. Nor could Sofia tell him.

What he didn't realise, what neither of them had realised in fact, was that now not only was Hugo a protector, but so was Sofia. And with recent troubles with Alex, who had a hybrid mix of witches and memory manipulators coursing through his blood, everything lately had been heavily filled with tension.

Sofia had been told what had happened with Alex but no details were given. And so she was unaware of the fact that the unlucky mortal who had been caught in the crossfire, was Hugo's mother. In turn, Sofia's training was way more intense then it should've been, not that she was going to start complaining. But she couldn't tell Hugo either, it was dangerous and knew that he would do everything he could to stop her.

So on top of feeling guilty towards each other for keeping secrets they started questioning each other. And it would only get worse from there.

Hugo had actually been paying real close attention to Sofia for the past few weeks, he had figured out that she had been using her excuses mostly on Wednesdays.

So he was going to test her. Catch her.

In the early morning, he found her in the hallway reading a book, waiting for the bell to ring for class to start.

"Hey Sofia," Hugo greeted her from behind, snaking his arms around her waist.

"Hi Hugo," Sofia greeted back, placing one of her hands over his.

"We haven't hung out in a while, so I was thinking maybe you wanna go look at the stars tonight. I heard that there might be a meteor shower tonight," Hugo brought up.

"I can't," she said, turning to face him.

Hugo expected this answer, in fact he was counting on it.

"Oh, why not? Come on Sofia we haven't hung out in a while," he pleaded her, squeezing her hand.

Panic washed over Sofia's face, "I-uh, have to-to tutor some of the new students, uh in the library, you know, still getting used to the work load and all that mumbo-jumbo."

"Want help then? That way we can still hang out?"

"NO!"

Seeing Hugo's face Sofia tried to save herself.